This summer I took up a new hobby . . . quilting. My first quilt was the bug quilt. At work I organized a “Quilt Camp” for young girls, and this was the pattern. I decided that if a 10 year old could do it, so could I. It turned out to be a lot more work than I had anticipated, and was extremely frustrating at times, but it was rewarding in the end. Next I learned to crochet on receiving blankets. I had fun with that and would love to expand on this and make a few more. The last one is my Strawberry Shortcake rag quilt. I fell in love with this fabric when I saw it in the store but refused to buy it until I had finished all my other projects. But after a month or two I started having nightmares that I went to buy it and it was all gone, so I had to rush out and get it the next day. I’ve had a lot of fun, and with the 3 of mine plus all the many blankets from family and friends, I think our baby will keep plenty warm this winter!
And . . . as promised, here are the pics from our house now that we are pretty much done. There are still a few minor things we need to do, and a lot of finishing touches to be made, but here it is so far--prepare to be dazzled!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Wow! What a beautiful place! You've really fixed it up...I bet it feels so good to be there. WE are jealous and happy for you all at once :)
ReplyDeleteEverything looks wonderful and I'm glad you've found a way to wile away the hours now that you no longer have the crazy nightlife like you did here in Logan.
ReplyDeleteJust so you know- if you guys don't update every day now that the big day is coming close we're going to think that you've had the baby. I tell you the suspense is killing us! (I'm sure you aren't stressed at all!)
Your house is so beautiful, Lane and I both didn't even know that you were updating it.. It looks awesome! Your quilts are amazing, I wish I could do stuff like that I just don't have enough patience. When is baby dansie coming?
ReplyDeleteDoes it get annoying in your house with all of those little stars flashing all the time? I don't know what kind of witchcraft Brandon has gotten himself into, but that's really gonna make it hard for the baby to sleep.
ReplyDelete