Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Day 2...a day late
This slide show is dedicated to our cousin Malik who has been dying to see more pictures. I tried to get it up yesterday (sorry Mal) but Breah needed me before I could post it, so below is all about day two on day three! We are still adjusting to being home, and i think it gets better each day. Tomorrow Breah gets to meet her Aunt Brin and Uncles Trevor and Jace, she is so excited that she has hardly slept since 6 am this morning. I think she's finally worn herself out though and is napping now...she must be tired cuz it's almost been 2 hours since she ate and she's not starving yet. But that means I better hurry and get this posted or it will be another day!
Day 2
Well, we survived our first 24 hours alone with Breah. It's so weird not having 3 nurses looking over our shoulders every minute. However, in the NICU we were always frustrated that each different nurse would get her on a different schedule, now we can't seem to figure out ANY schedule. This morning at about 2:30 she decided to go into snack mode or something, she would wake up and act like she hadn't had a drop to eat in days and then after 10 minutes she was out beyond waking, only to repeat the cycle again after an hour nap. By 6:30 she had had enough and was wide awake for the day, but didn't like it much when i tried to put her down. 2 things i've found I can get away with when she's mad are showering and drying my hair--but she's awake again the minute they turn off. We got the monitor figured out for the most part, it's still a little tempormental but it didn't keep us up the whole night last night, but it will be so nice when she's not connected to so much equipment, we are basically confined to one room all day, or until i go crazy enough to pack it all into the next room. It's so good to be home though. To most people it might seem like a jail sentence to be home bound for a month, but as of now I never want to leave!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment