Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ba Ball!

(Just had to had a few more baseball pics-I finally got all the pics off B's computer)

In case you are unaware, Brandon is a big baseball fan. I knew this before I married him, but I don't think I ever realized to what extent it would affect our lives (not nearly as much as football, though, and this, I did not know til after (or rather, on) the big day--not that it would have mattered, just saying). Upon bringing a baby girl into our home, Brandon thought he would be the odd one out and we would control the remote watching sappy girly shows and ballets all the time. But much to my dismay, he was wrong. His little girl is turning into quite the fan. Brandon often gets tickets from work to watch the local minor league team, the Roadrunners and has, on occasion taken the Bre-ster with him. The first time she went she came home and told me all about how the ball would swoosh through the air and everyone would clap and say "yay". A few weeks ago they had Viracon Family night at the game and I got to witness first hand how much she loved being there. Then Brandon started playing softball again when his classes ended and Breah loved to go watch him (and play on the bleachers) and now any time we drive past a baseball feild she gets all excited and yells "ba ball!" over and over. And recently she has started taking a liking to baseball on TV. Add that to Elmo, Nemo, Barney, Wipeout, and AFV and I'd say we've got ourselves a pretty well rounded little couch potato. Today while I was at the temple dedication, Brandon got out of the shower to Breah proudly announcing, "I did it." She had turned on the TV and found herself some baseball to watch.
Friday night we all went to what will probably be our last game of the season. One of Breah's favorite things at the games are the birds. She is always trying to spot them in the crowd, and when then come close she yells "hi bird." Well, come to find out, she only likes them from a distance. We were down in the box and both Saturn and Regi are frequently down there, so I thought I better snatch a picture while I could. See how much Breah likes the bird when they are too close?
(Top: Breah folding herself in half to get away from her new friend Saturn; Above: Our little family, hanging out with Regi)

Just as we were about to leave Regi came and sat down by us. He was cute with Breah, trying to get her to touch is finger and give him five, then playing with her toys, and it was fun at first, but then it got to be a little bit annoying when he wouldn't leave us alone. He finally left, after bugging us for 1/2 hour. We told Breah it was time to go and she freaked out, "no I ba ball" and would then turn around to prove to us that she was still watching baseball. We finally coerced her out by telling her we would go look for the birdies. It was a fun night, and although I honestly can't even pretend to be interested in baseball, I would go again any day. Maybe its not so bad to have a housefull of baseball fans--at least when they are as cute as mine!

4 comments:

  1. That is so fun! I wish we stayed in town so we could have gone. Breah is so cute! I hope her and "Dace" will have fun this week. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a cute little baseball fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon must be the proudest daddy ever!
    And we're glad you're back online too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny, I love Breah. Way to smooze up to Dad and Emma will join her on the couch anytime. I agree, that bird is scary!

    ReplyDelete