Sunday, October 23, 2011

Officially a Mermaid

It seems fitting, since my last post was about Breah becoming a mermaid, that we pick up right where we left off--Breah is now officially (in her mind, anyway) a mermaid.  She eats, sleeps, and breathes Ariel.  To the point that if you say "Ariel"  Tayven breaks out in song:  "Ahhhahahhhh, Ahahah, AHAHAHHHHHHHHHHH!"  So of course, as much as I tried to sway her in the direction of Pinkalicious, and despite her earlier decision to have a Tangled party, Ariel it was.  She started planning and even making decorations for her party months ago.  She spent hours cutting confetti out of craft foam, and assigning roles to the rest of us.  I was to dress as Ursula and hang out in the pool, Tayven would be Flounder, and Dad, of course, was going to be King Triton.  Well, I convinced her that having Ursula at the party might scare her friends, so I was able to just be myself and direct the party in my boring old ways, with my boring old voice.  No evil songs were sung.  Many of Breah's friends are in preschool all day, so we decided to have the party on Saturday, while G&G Dansie were here (more on that to come).  We started off with a coloring contest, then had some mermaid races, an incomplete treasure hunt (I never finished making the clues, so the buried treasure just kind of appeared), and made jewelry with the treasures.  I hope all the little ones enjoyed the party as much as Breah did.  She was certainly spoiled, and is lucky to have such good friends to share the fun!
The Cake:  I'm no cake decorator, that's for sure, but I always enjoy the challenge of coming up with something (or copying, haha) that goes with the theme.  This was a combination of a few different ideas I'd seen online, and I think it turned out OK.  Breah loved it, and I do have to say, it looked a lot better in person.  The frosting, however, was delicious, and the middle layer was a rice krispy treat...much better than cake if you ask me!


***Update***
I found the missing pictures!  Somehow they got placed in the May of 2010 folder...don't know why i didn't think to look there!  

First up, the mermaid races: 

 The party guests:  Chloe Webb, Kaelynn Sanchez, Breah, Harley Harris, Brandon Hughes, Lance Welch, Gracie Cork, Addison Wilkerson, and Tayven


5 comments:

  1. very cute! hope she had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cake! Breah is so cute! She is growing up! Brandon showed us a few pictures from the party when he was here, I love Breah's costume! Glad she had a great party:) We would have loved to come, but until we are millionaires and can fly anywhere at anytime..that will have to wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is great Shaylah! I am impressed. I know Brandon had a great time at the party. And I am glad that you were able to wriggle your way out of the Ursala role. That could have been interesting. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey nice to see you again, well you get it. Good job on the cake, I loved reading about it, i could hear your voice. Next post, tell me about your new house, life, etc...

    ReplyDelete