Monday, July 7, 2008

Welcome Home!


I can't believe it's been 3 whole years! It's amazing how much can change in such a short amount of time. In the 3 years since Brandon's parents left for Brazil, Brandon and I have graduated from college and moved 4 times. Brandon has gone from the night janitor at an elementary school to the Human Resource Manager of a large corporation, and I have gone from working part time in random jobs to working FULL time as wife and mother (according to Brandon I've only been a homemaker for 9 months--I guess the rest of the time our home made itself). We have purchased 2 homes, buried one car, and most importantly, we had a baby! It's crazy to look back at our lives then--it all seems so far away, but when Nancy and LaMonte came home on Friday, it was like they never left! I don't know what I was expecting, but everything just felt so right. We are so happy to have them home and to have been able to spend some time with them this weekend. We missed them dearly but are so grateful for their sacrifices adn their service. We know without a doubt that our lives have been blessed because of their willingness to serve! Breah was happy to meet her Grandma and Grandpa for the first time and is looking forward to getting to know them better in the coming weeks! Here are just a few of the pics from our joyous reunion:
All the grandkids anxiously awaiting the arrival of G&G Dansie (3 of them were borm while they were gone)
Daddy & Breah counting the minutes

Breah meeting her Grandma Nancy for the first time

And Breah meeting Grandpa

Breah's first candy experience--Grandma brought all the kids suckers


Who are the parents letting their babies crawl around the dirty airport floor? This is Breah and her cousin Isaac--She sure had fun with all the kids and Isaac was so cute with her!

8 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!! We are so happy they are home too! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell LaMonte and Nancy that they have never looked better!! We wish we were there to hear all about their experiences. Glad they're back!!

    --Paul, Lindsay, Sabrina, and Baby X. (Our lives have changed a lot too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would do such a thing to let those children crawl on that dirty floor! Some parents! (oops!) We are so glad to have them back! I'm just excited that I know they are still here everyday! When you said how different your life was I started thinking about it - us too! Crazy huh. Good to see you guys for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how neat! I'm a little teary just looking at the pictures of Nancy kissing Breah for the first time. I can't imagine what it's been like for her to not be able to do that for so long, I bet they were so excited! What an exciting reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I seriously got a tear in my eye when I saw that picture of Grandma Nancy kissing sweet Breah's head. That's a tender moment. Super exciting that Brandon's parents are home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an exciting reunion! I can't believe it's been 3 years either. I remember going to their "farewell!" Tell them hi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of all of you this past week and what a wonderful reunion you were going to have. I see it was exactly that. Helo to all of the Dansies and their getting back together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike Alexis & GraysonJuly 13, 2008 at 4:03 PM

    Wow you guys have really done a lot in just a few years! How exciting to have them back. It looks like Breah had a good time meeting her grandparents for the first time. She is going to get spoiled by them for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete