Sunday, June 28, 2009

Girls Camp

(these are our girls, aren't they great?)
We had kind of an untraditional Girls Camp this year. We camped at the Palisades near Manti and did all the Manti/Ephraim activities. It was a lot of driving, but loads of fun. The first day we planned to swim at the lake we were camping by, but it rained every day we were there, so we just hung out and did all the girls camp things...made bracelets, braided each others hair, and all that kind of stuff. Wednesday we went and did some clean up on the temple grounds in preparation for the pageant, and then went horse back riding. And thursday we did the ropes course and the pageant. We were busy busy, but we had lots of fun and I really enjoyed getting to know the girls in our ward better. I really do think they are some of the neatest teenage girls I've ever met. I love my calling, even though it requires me to (gulp) teach!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like it was really a lot of fun! I haven't been to girls camp since I was in young womens in high school, but I always had tons of fun. I can't wait till I hopefully get to go again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls in our ward are so great! It looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Sorry about the graveyard comment that Brandon made, but I can relate. He once pushed me to the cement when we were playing basketball and then told me to "get off the tracks when the train was coming." And he probably outweighed me by at least 75 pounds at the time. How rude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shaylah! I found your comment on our blog and I'm so glad you snooped! :) It's great to hear from you, I'm glad that you are doing well. Take care and keep in touch--Love the Muirs

    ReplyDelete