My little munchkin can be such a stinker at times. Yesterday we went all the way out to Ivins to try out a new splash park for play group, but Breah whined and hung on me from the second we got there, so finally we just left. She was asleep before we were even back on the highway. I tried desperately to keep her awake til we got home (it was only 11) so our whole day wasn't shot (I'm one of "those" mom's, you know the ones who have to schedule naps), but it was a lost cause. Once we finally got home, I was afraid to wake her up, cuz there would be no hope of getting her to sleep again later, so I put her to bed in a swim diaper and hoped she wouldn't wet the bed (for those of you wondering why that is such a big deal, swim diapers don't hold urine, at all). Well, 3 1/2 hours later, she woke up happy, refreshed, and DRY! She was clingly and grumpy at story time today too...I don't know what her deal is, but my theory is it's that darn sun waking her up too early, or perhaps a growth spurt waring her out earlier than usual. She's still a cutie though, and keeps me laughing all day long.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe you need to cover her window so the sun won't wake her up. Do you have trouble with her going to bed when the sun is still up? Our kids hated going to bed when the sun was still up.
ReplyDeleteYour recent blogs have been neat. Glad you had a good girls camp. Taking after your mom I see.
haha, wow she was one tuckered girl. That is a cute picture. How old is little Breah now? She's getting so big.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet she is!!!she looks so relaxed in that photo, I can see how you could not wake her up...I also used to put a blanket up at the window to let my kids sleep a little longer..because it sure makes a "long" day for them and you also. I love your blog and also I love you all.
ReplyDelete3 1/2 hours later?!!? Holy smokes. Cute picture of her!
ReplyDelete