As promised, here are just a few of the pics from our adventures in Zions. We set out to do Angels Landing, with the exception of the last 1/2 mile, which we felt would have been a little risky carrying a kid on our (ok, Brandon's, I did help lift her on though) back. Here's a pic I snagged off someone's website to illustrate our fear (it's quite a nice photo, too bad I can't claim it as my own. Way to go Mr. Braun).

Perhaps its doable, but we didn't want to chance it. But we did make it to Scouts Lookout. It's quite the hike. We were glad we went when we did because coming down everything was in the sun and it was HOT! Going up wasn't too bad, being earlier in the day, and we were kept relatively comfortable in the shade through most of it. Breah is a trooper.

She does pretty good in that backpack, but towards the end as we were winding up the wiggles, she kept saying "Down" and "all done." So we let her get out and stretch while we rested before heading down. On the way down Breah fell asleep, but because we were going down such a steep incline her head would bounce on the bar (it's padded). It wasn't long before she was holding her head upright in her sleep. It was pretty funny, but we did feel pretty bad for wearing her out.

I'm still expirimenting with my camera, trying to get a good grasp on how to work it, but I did manage to get a couple pics that I was happy with. I'm also trying to figure out my way around Photoshop Elements. Here's a cactus that I've desaturated, hand tinted, and used a clipping mask. Impressive, eh? (come on, humor me! I need some positive reinforcement!)

This is perhaps on of my favorite shots of the day. I love the whole silhouette look lately

Ok, ok, I'll get to the point. I know most of you aren't here to ooo and ah at my wanna be photogness, so on to the real star of this blog: our little trout. I may have gotten a little carried away with the hand tinting, but once I did one I had to dom them all so they'd match. Plus, it's fun, and good practice! Enjoy.
AWESOME photo coloring. I just got PSE, so maybe we can swap hints ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm totally impressed. I think I'll send a few baby pics your way and have you jazz them up! :)
ReplyDeleteDid you learn to do that in your photography class???
I can't get over how big Breah is getting. They grow up way too fast. It looks like you guys are having fun in the sun. Good job with the photos, too. :)
ReplyDeleteI especially love the pictures of Breah playing in the water. It looks likes you guys had a lot of fun. I hope to get Jake up there sometime, too. Thanks for letting us come play today. We had lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteShaylah, I just love all of the pictures, you do great, I am always impressed with the coloring that people do, and you do it better,(really) I am glad that you do so well on your photographs, Breah is such a sweetie, love you all, we are looking forward to seeing you all.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! You are getting really good. Those pictures of Breah in the water are adorable!
ReplyDeleteI also love your photo coloring. Your photos are great! Looks like Zion was a big hit. Lane and I have both never been down to Zion we hear it is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteNice pictures! You are a talented photographer/photoshopper, and you also have a very cute model. Our babies have really grown up since our group trip to Zions last year, huh!
ReplyDeleteand Shaylah I just oooo and aaad at the talanted photo taker person, it was all great
ReplyDeletecome show me how to do that. The pictures in the river are so cute!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun trip! Breah is so darn cute! You are such a good picture taker too! Miss ya!
ReplyDelete