Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's A . . .

BOY! That's right, Breah's going to have a baby brother. We are so excited (a little surprised, but excited) to have a little man in our fam. Apparently it is possible for what appears to be a girl at 12 weeks to turn into a little boy at 16 weeks. . . but it was a pleasant surprise. I just had to get over the fact that now I'll have to go shopping for boy stuff, redecorate the bedroom, and come up with a name (this poor child will be lucky if he has a name by age 2). There's just not as much cute stuff to make for boys, and now all that girly summer stuff I just bought will not get to be used this time around. But s boy will be so much fun. Everyone keeps telling me they are easier but I don't believe it. The way I see it boys are rowdy and destructive and dirty and mean and well, my sweet Breah is just so sweet...can a boy be this sweet too? I guess we are about to find out!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    I would have to agree with you. I always thought I'd be much more of a "boy mom". I don't love pink, fluffy, frilly, princess-y stuff. But now that I have Daphne I have NO clue how I would have ever handled a boy. She's just so gentle and sweet and kind. The boys I see are so rowdy and loud! Good luck with that.

    There are, however, plenty of way cute boy things. I think of things like boats and airplanes and trains and animals. Although I'm sure Brandon is out buying sport's memorabilia right now! Good luck with that.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!!!! OOH I'm so excited for you! Boys are great! I have no idea how I'd handle a girl...but it's just because of what we're used to. Jax is wild and crazy but he's also super sweet and sensitive. You're going to love having one of each! There are way cute boy things (I do agree, there are CUTER girl things), but with boys you can do a lot! And you don't have to spend as much money or time getting them ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shaylah, our families will be just alike--one girl and one boy! How fun!! And I must admit that your thoughts/feelings about having a boy are some that I've felt too. But I am sure we will adjust to the differences! One again, I am wishing we lived closer to each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is why your mom sold all of the baby boy clothes at a yard sale, so now you know why you are having a boy. Smile!
    You could could always name him Martin Dansie. And grandpa just said or Craig or Eugene. Smile!!
    We are soooooooexcited for you guys. Breah will be a cute big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Boys are SO MUCH FUN! You will love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to agree boys are much harder, dirty, but still very fun!! congrats again you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy are dirty and dangerous, (call me in the night when you think he's broken his arm and aren't sure if you should take him in or not... we can save you a couple hundred dollars!) but they are so much fun. I wouldn't trade my little Isaac for the world. Besides, he will have Breah to dress him up and tame him a bit!!! Think of me, I'll just have 2 rowdy ones running around!!!
    And knowing you, you will make ALL Boy things cute... show me how k! I am going to need all the help with making boy things cute again, at least I'll have a friend this time around! And, feel free to use the summer side of our boy stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A boy! How exciting! I know what you mean about no cutesy stuff for boys. It's way harder to buy clothing for boys than it is for girls. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, a boy can be sweet. I was cleaning this morning and when I was finished Michael came up to me and said," Mom, I'm so glad your done I've missed you." It was way cute. He also likes to snuggle every once in awhile and he will sit on my lap for a half hour if I rub his back. I know he's way crazy at the park but once his wiggles are out he is way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW so great, we are going to have a little Lanny and not Joy (maybe next time) I am so happy for you boys are so much fun and knowing you the room and he will be fixed up way cute or should I say way neat.. we are so happy for you and Breah you will make such a good big sister, we love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YEAAAA for baby Boy! You are so going to love having a boy--they are so darn fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats guys!! you will love having a boy i love my two boys and wouldn't trade them for the world they are so much fun, yes they are rowdy and messy and love dirt but that is ok it is so much fun, Breah will love having him and be so cute with him!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. A little Dansie boy!? How cute. I agree with all those other moms of boys. It's just so fun and crazy. You'll love it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats! that is so exciting! It's a good surprise, just glad they found out at 16 weeks and not at delivery! I feel so out of the loop! Anyway that is so exciting and I'm so happy for you. Boys are wonderful, you'll love him and just wait to see how happy your hubby will be to get a son!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so, I need to check your blog more often--I haven't been on anyones in a while, I'm a horrible friend. BUT OH MY Gosh! how exciting! congrats! I am so happy for you! luv ya and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A boy?! That is awesome! Congrats! Breah will be a good big sister!! That is so fun! We will be in Vernal the first part of the week before Christmas. When will you be home? I hope we get to see you! We do need to get our schedules on the same page!! Miss ya! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete