*She has known her ABC's, both capital and lower case since before Christmas, and associates people and things with their letters (M is for Mommy, dog starts with D). She loves to point out letters on signs as we are driving down the road, and her ABC toys (foam letters, scrabble tiles, abc books, etc) are some of her favorite toys).
*She can count to 14 by herself, and further with help. She loves to count things and can identify the numbers 0-9.
*She's learning her shapes. She's known a few (circle, square, triangle, star) for quite some time but is now mastering the rest. She can usually point them out when you ask her to find one, but can't always identify them on her own. She can draw circles and attempts to draw squares and triangles but could use some practice.
*She went through a phase where she LOVED to color and would color for hours at a time, and colored really well, even tried her hardest to stay in the lines. Recently she has lost interest in coloring and when she does color, she's careless and sloppy. I think she got frustrated not being able to stay within the lines so now she has given up. She does, however, have an increased interest in other forms of art, like painting, drawing, and cutting. I haven't encouraged the cutting at all, but she's figured it out. I guess I need to buy her some more child friendly scissors. I try to spend some one on one time with her each day and she will usually ask to paint. It doesn't bother her when it gets on her hands like it used to and she can't wait to hang her masterpieces on the fridge
*Breah has always had a love of reading (yay!) and she's always had her favorite books. She is obsessed with her Readers Digest alphabet books and will sit down and want to read ALL of them. She loves to read stories that she is familiar with and can tell us what's coming, but lately is willing to branch out. We go to the library on Thursdays and she knows right where to go to find her favorite library book, Ben and the Big Balloon. If it's not there, we move on and usually come out with 7 or 8 new and exciting books that we will read 35+ times over the next 2 weeks. She also loves to read scriptures each night and her insistence on having 27 books in bed has lessened the past few weeks (she still has to have some, but it's not as big of deal anymore).
*Loves being a big sister. She always wants to hold Tayven and insists that he calls her "Sister" not Breah. She always wants to be down with him wherever he is and has been known to read him books and sing "I am a child of God" whenever he gets sad. She is adjusting so well and hasn't really seemed to get jealous and act out for attention. I think these two will have lots of fun in the years to come!
*She's always been a big talker and is talking more and more every day. She carries on conversations like she one of us, though sometimes she'll throw in a phrase that she clearly doesn't know the meaning of. She also has a memory that you wouldn't believe. I'm trying to be better at writing down the things she says. here's a couple I jotted down back in March:
--Coming over the hill into town she saw all the city lights and exclaimed, "Look Mom, it's Christmas today!" Then she saw the Temple, "And dare's da Temple. It's my favewot!"
--One night while Brandon was in Minnesota she had to come with me to mutual. When we walked out of the church with the YW to go collect flag money she noticed the stars appearing in the sky "Look at dat guys, a star! It light up in the sky! One two stars. And another one!"
--To dad on phone (same trip): "I saw you in a airplane by a blue mountain dad!"
--Out the car window, B: "Look at dat Mom, it covering the whole sky!
Mom: "Oh yeah? what is?
Breah: "I [don't] know, a white fings, it covering the whole sky!"
Mom: "yeah, those are clouds. That's neat huh.
Breah: "Oh, clouds. I wike clouds!"
I wish I had more to record here, she is seriously hilarious. Maybe I'll do better in the future. I love that I get to be home every day with her. She is a joy to be around and we love her to death!
*She's always been a big talker and is talking more and more every day. She carries on conversations like she one of us, though sometimes she'll throw in a phrase that she clearly doesn't know the meaning of. She also has a memory that you wouldn't believe. I'm trying to be better at writing down the things she says. here's a couple I jotted down back in March:
--Coming over the hill into town she saw all the city lights and exclaimed, "Look Mom, it's Christmas today!" Then she saw the Temple, "And dare's da Temple. It's my favewot!"
--One night while Brandon was in Minnesota she had to come with me to mutual. When we walked out of the church with the YW to go collect flag money she noticed the stars appearing in the sky "Look at dat guys, a star! It light up in the sky! One two stars. And another one!"
--To dad on phone (same trip): "I saw you in a airplane by a blue mountain dad!"
--Out the car window, B: "Look at dat Mom, it covering the whole sky!
Mom: "Oh yeah? what is?
Breah: "I [don't] know, a white fings, it covering the whole sky!"
Mom: "yeah, those are clouds. That's neat huh.
Breah: "Oh, clouds. I wike clouds!"
I wish I had more to record here, she is seriously hilarious. Maybe I'll do better in the future. I love that I get to be home every day with her. She is a joy to be around and we love her to death!
At 1 month Tayven continues to be a sweet little addition to our family. While he still spends most of the day asleep, he is starting to have 2 or 3 more alert times of day--usually mid morning, and then late afternoon and evening. In fact, he rarely sleeps at all between 7 & 11 pm,
but he is a very good natured little guy. He also likes to eat alot during those hours and has proven on more than one occasion that he does not need (nor want) to eat much during the night, but he does still like to get us out of bed every 2 hours. During the day he's really good to go to sleep on his own, in his bed, but unfortunately this does not apply after 7pm.
Tummy time still puts him to sleep instantly, but he has a very strong neck nonetheless (he refuses to rest it if he's awake). He started having real smiles at exactly one month and they melt my heart each time. I know we'd see it more if we saw his eyeballs more, but I'm trying to remember that they don't stay this small forever and to enjoy it while I can. I do love to snuggle a sweet sleeping baby, and I can never get enough of the way he pulls his legs in and sticks his bum out when you pick him up after a nap, but at the same time part of me wishes we could interact a little more. He's finally getting used to having his diaper changed and only has a cow if he's otherwise upset. He loves his sister and enjoys being tickled, sung to, smothered in blankets and toys, and otherwise mauled by her at every chance she gets. 
but he is a very good natured little guy. He also likes to eat alot during those hours and has proven on more than one occasion that he does not need (nor want) to eat much during the night, but he does still like to get us out of bed every 2 hours. During the day he's really good to go to sleep on his own, in his bed, but unfortunately this does not apply after 7pm. 
and because I'm behind:
Tayven at 2 weeks:
At Tayven's 2 week appointment he weighed 8 lbs 5 oz, 21 inches long. We were just aiming for his birth weight (he was 6 lbs 14 oz at 5 days) so the doc was pleased with his growth. He grew 2 inches and gained a whole pound! His head has moved from the 12th percentile to the 22nd. He prefers to catch all his Z's during daylight hours, and then party at night. He is petrified by having his diaper changed and lulled into sweet oblivion by having his hair washed--he LOVES it. The rest of the bath is kinda hit and miss...likes it one day, hates it the next. Tummy time seems at this point to be a waste of time, it almost has the same effect as a good shampoo, and I don't see him working too many muscles. He's such a sweet little guy and we are so blessed to have him in our lives. We look forward to getting to know this little man he is budding into!
No comments:
Post a Comment