Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Grand Tour!

 
I know, I know, I'm a terrible blogger.  But I keep getting pressure from a few certain people to some pics of the house on here.  So, here it is.  Most of it anyway.  I don't think I have taken pics of everything yet.  I keep thinking I'll get around to taking them with things are finished.  But the thing about moving in so quickly, and into a move in ready house, we haven't been in much of a hurry to get much done.  Now I realize this is a lot of pics, but I know most of you will probably never come visit, so I'm giving you every angle.  (Maybe if I left more to your imagination your curiosity would get you out here?  Yeah, probably not.)

If you were a  Southerner, you would start here...from the garage. I don't have any pics of the garage, besides what you can see here, but let me just say, it's wonderful!  2 garage doors, which are finally working, and a storage room off to the side.  We love it!
 Once inside, the first thing you would see is:
 The Half Bath:  Yep, it's a lovely forest green.  I think we'll need a couple coats of primer on this one! The Laundry room is directly across the hallway.  it's just a washer and dryer...if I took a picture you would see the monstrous pile of crap on top of the dryer.  
Followed by the The Kitchen:
And then the Living Room
We are desperately hunting for an affordable entertainment center for this wall, to get our TV out of Tayven's reach mostly.  Hopefully someday soon!  We are finding that most EC's are one inch too small for our new TV.  That must be why everyone is selling them on Craiglist....
I have commitment issues when it comes to hanging things on the walls.  Almost everything on the wall is hanging on an existing nail.  I did move the Temple up a few inches, but that was easy, it's a small space to fill.      Any volunteers to come decorate for me?  
Behind that there wall you have our Formal Dining Room  Play Room.  When it's clean, I love it.  It rarely is, but I figure everyone that walks through our front door (and thus instantly beholds this beautiful sight) either has kids, or expects that we have a kid friendly sight.  And then they can relax and let their kids be kids!  
The Play Room in action.  Tayven's favorite toys are the bins.  He dumps them all out and then where's them as hats and sits in them.  He definitively earns his reputation/nickname, Destructo.  
Here's that front door I mentioned:  
The opposite end of the house is the bedrooms.  We have 3.  I can't find any pictures.  And I have a mountain of laundry on my un-made bed, so maybe you can see them later.  I do, however, have a couple pics of our master bathroom.  
 (Imagine white towels here...we bought some after these were taken)
 
 My very own walk in closet!  Unfortunately, it seems to turn into a playhouse while I get ready, so it's usually a mess of shoes and crap all over.  
Somewhere I have pics of the yard, but I guess that will have to come later!  Hope you have enjoyed the tour!  Maybe this will motivate me to get something done!  


9 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I would steal your master bathroom if that were possible. Cute house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Especially the exterior. I wish we had houses that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Happy Birthday! We're planning on coming up to see you after Christmas. Maybe Tuesday & Wednesday? I'll check with you when it gets closer. Jake is SO excited to see Breah; he keeps telling everyone he's going to Salt Lake to see his friend who moved to Georgia after Christmas. Dustin is still hopeful that there will be an operating golf course for him and Brandon. Wishful thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! can't wait to see it in real life some day! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful house! I love it. I even love the forest green bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I am so glad you posted pictures! Your house is amazing!! You never said much of how awesome it was. You are modest. Love it! I hope you had a great birthday too. I have been meaning to call you but things have been a little crazy from getting back from being up north for two weeks. But I will call you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute house! It's huge! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute house, did you do all that painting or did it come like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cute house! It totally looks southern- I love those houses. We'll have to move down and be neighbors! ;)

    ReplyDelete