Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I saw this on another blog I found, via Pinterest of course, and decided it was a great idea and would help me 1) stay positvie about life and realize how blessed I am, and 2) give me a starting point to start blogging again because it just seems so overwhelming, but I really want to have some kind of record of our lives, and honestly, I'm more likely to blog then keep a journal!  Phew!  Was that a run-on sentence or what!

So, here goes!

Cooler Weather!  This week I am thankful for the brief but oh so welcome break we've had from the heat the past couple weeks.  This August seems so mild compared to last year, and even rest of the summer.  We've had a lot of rain, but mostly just beautiful weather.  There have been days it actually felt like fall was approaching, but I'm sure the heat will be back.  But now I'm re-energized and ready to take the heat for another month or two!

Laughter!  Not many things bring me more joy than the sound of my children laughing, especially when they are laughing together.  The older 2 have been laughing together for almost 2 years, but it's really something when they get Austin in on the fun.  They love playing with him and as soon as they find something that makes him laugh they will try it over and over.  And he loves them.  Especially Breah.  He lights up every day when we pick her up from school and saves all his biggest smiles for her.  Tayven and Breah have so much fun together these days.  I love it when I wake up to their laughter in the morning or hear their harmonious laughter bellowing through the house.  

The fruits of my labors!  My garden this year wasn't a huge success, but it wasn't a total flop either.  We worked hard this year,  reading about gardening, building boxes, mixing compost, weeding and watering (sometimes over watering), but I say it's been worth it.  We had tomatoes in the beginning (and the cherries are still coming), a couple squash and zucchini, cucumbers, and watermelon and peppers out the nose!  I've made enough jalapeno jelly to last a life time and more watermelon than I know what to do with.  It's always nice when hard work amounts to something tangible!  Unlike cleaning the house...I slave all day only to have it destroyed 5 minutes later (oh wait, I  almost forgot I'm staying positive, my apologies).


No comments:

Post a Comment