I can't believe this day has finally come. Breah has been ready and wanting to go to school for years, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of preschool at Statesboro High last year. Summer was all fine and good, but now that we are settled in our new home and home from all our travels, she was desperately wanting to go to school so she could make some friends. Her and Tayven have been great buddies this summer, and I hope they continue to be best friends, but school will be good for both of them. Tayven can develop some little boy interests, and she can go play and learn at school. Owatonna has half day Kindergarten (for now) and she goes to afternoon, which is perfect for naps! I hope to get about an hour all to myself everyday! As you can see, see Tayven is not so thrilled about this change in our day to day routine:
Breah has had her first day of school outfit picked out for weeks. I suggested she wear some of her new jeggings (she loves them) but of course, the first day is a special day so she had to wear a skirt! And in case you haven't noticed, there's no shortage of photographic documentation!
Tayven wanted to be a part of the pictures, and so, as I was trying to get Breah to pose so we didn't see up her skirt, he played right along (and finally parted with Red).
Oh yes, Austin wanted in on the fun too. And below...I was cracking up at how tiny she with that great big back pack!
She begged to ride the bus, but it wasn't until Brandon met the neighbors and learned they all ride the bus and loved it that I was able to get over feeling like a bad mom for sending her. I would have never even considered busing her in Georgia, but I was having doubts about sending her to school period! So I let her ride the bus home and she was hooked. Awesome! It really made my life a whole lot easier! Now I don't have to wake up sleeping children and load them up twice a day! And, I finally met neighbors at the bus stop, and now the kids have neighborhood friends!














No comments:
Post a Comment