Monday, May 13, 2013

Home Sweet Home


I can't believe we are selling another house, and leaving another home!  We sure have loved this little house over the past (almost) 2 years.  While there are things we would have liked to have had different, this house has been so good to us.  Yes, we live on a street where cars often fly by, but our front yard and driveway are so long it has not been a problem.  The kids know not to go past the two big trees and have spent endless hours (year round) riding bikes down the long driveway and playing outside in our own little forest.   Sure, it would have been nice to have more kids to play with, but we have been blessed with the best neighbors we could have ever asked for, Pat and Ray Silva.  Breah and Tayven have adopted them as their grandparents.  While I was pregnant with Ausin, Breah used to go over almost every single day to visit while Tayven napped, and Miss Pat would come out and visit, or let Breah in to help with dusting, or making her bed.  Now it is the highlight of both Breah and Tayven's day to get to see her.  And Mr. Ray is an added bonus, they think he is so silly!  They have truly been a blessing in our lives and we will all miss them when we go.  So many memories within these walls!
 Austin's Room.  I loved the yellow in his room! I had a lot of plans for decorating all these rooms, but as you can see, we never got much further than paint.  Austin's room is the one room that was always clean!

 Breah and Tayven's room.  The blue was meant to tie the two color schemes of their quilts together.  I feel bad that I never finished their room but I worked hard on the quilts!  And then Austin was born and I stopped being able to accomplish anything!  Obviously refinishing the dresser was on my list, maybe in the next house!

 Before moving to Georgia I thought a bathroom didn't need to be more than a small room with sink and a tub.  Seriously, this bathroom is like the size of a bedroom.  Although ridiculous, we love it!  We each have our own little corner and we are never in one another's way.  And we both have walk in closets!  This is one of 2 rooms we didn't end up painting...I loved the color of these rooms and decided to change my color scheme to orange and teal.  A work in progress of course.

(The Master bedroom was as ridiculously huge as the bathroom, but had this awesome little nook off to the side where we kept the computer desk and a TV...I'm a little disappointed I don't have a picture of that!)
I love how open the floor plan of the living area was, yet there were enough walls to make separate rooms, if that makes any sense.  I tried several colors before settling on this grey, we loved it.  And that purdy little gallery on the wall took months to arrange.  I wish I were one of those people that could just throw something together without much thought, but I am not!  

This entertainment center was a craigslist find.  It was especially nice at Christmas to display all my nativities.  And I loved having a mantle to decorate!




The Kitchen!  Love this room as well!  We had 2 huge pantries and plenty of room for the kids to play at my feet while I cook (okay, maybe I didn't love that part!  



 Our formal dining room:  Ha!  Nothing is ever formal in our house, so we turned it in to a play room!  It was never this clean, so I hated it being the first thing you see when you come to the door, but most of our guests brought kids anyway, so it was always clear that we had a kid friendly home!  

We feel so blessed to have lived here in Statesboro, for all the experiences we had, places we saw, and most importantly, the people we met.  We are sad to be leaving, but looking forward to our next adventure.  I hope one day we are as happy in Minnesota as we were here in GA!

No comments:

Post a Comment