Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

We were able to take a little weekend vacation to Storm Lake, Iowa this past weekend.  I can't think of many ways I'd rather spend mothers day than being able to spend so much quality time with my family.  I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be a mother.  I am so grateful and humbled that my Heavenly Father has entrusted me with these three beautiful spirits.  They, along with their father, are my world.  Motherhood is by far the hardest, and most exhausting job I will ever hold, but I love it with all my heart.  I would not trade this time for anything.
 Me and two of my favorite people, chillin at the park, while my other 2 favorite people were doing this:


 My camera takes horrible pictures on auto, and until this day at the park, I hadn't really taken the time to figure out how to use the other settings (it's really not as simple as turning the dial, or even changing settings like you would on a DSLR, or other digital cameras for that matter) so I have always hated it.  But while the kids were playing, i was messing around and figured it out.  I discovered two settings that actually take descent photos, monochrome and Toy camera!  Here are a few pics from our trip:
(this is how most of my pictures came out before, blah...)
                         Little cuties, hiding the beautiful flowers they so sneakily picked for me
                                 "Don't look behind my back, mom!"  As i'm walking behind him :)
                                                 Best mother's day flowers I ever received!
Trying to sneak the flowers in his pocket.  You should have seen his face the next morning when he went to get them out to give me.  He was devastated! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great Mother's Day celebration. They know how to treat their MOM.
    Hey you need to add fsmily pictures on the right of your blog to include Austin. Smile!

    ReplyDelete