Friday, May 16, 2014

Austin turns 2!!

My baby turned 2 yesterday! ( It is may 15th, but we are still wearing out christmas footie pjs...it's that cold!).  Brandon was in the city for the day, so we held off on presents til later, but the kids and I enjoyed some yummy birthday pancakes!  I just love how he blows out his candles!  


 I had lots of help with the cake today.  Tayven helped me bake, and Austin helped me lick the icing off the paddle. He loves this little baby doll lately, and was so kind to share.  It really needed a bath after that!  
 Everytime we go to the library, Austin goes crazy for the tractor books, and we read them over and over, so we got him a couple of his own.  He loves them so much he had turned his new trampoline into a bouncy reading cubby!

 I saw a cake similar to this on pinterest and knew it would be perfect!  This kid loves him a tractor!  Every time we see one he goes nuts, and they are his favorite toys as well!  I had lots of help with the cake (we had 6 extra kids at our house last night, and everyone wanted to help) but i think it turned out great!  I love that Breah has turned into my little party planning assistant, don't you love her little banner for the cake?  We didn't really have a party, but we did invite the hunts for dinner and cake!  We needed someone to help eat that cake!

I know it's cliche, but I love this kid and cannot imagine my life without him.  He has such a fun, easy going personality and he brings so much joy to our family!  We are so grateful he is ours and look forward to watching him grow up, I just wish they didn't grow so fast!  Happy birthday buddy!  We love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. He is a doll. What a cutie. Can't believe he is 2, but know he is. The cake, pancakes, etc. are so you Shaylah. What a lucky mom to have such sweet kids, but lucky kids to have such a talented and wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site! It's my fav...maybe the boys' too. Happy Birthday Austin!

    ReplyDelete