So many exciting things are happening around here, but we have no way to make posts! As I’m sure you all know, we moved to St. George on February 23rd. We were sad to leave our home and all the good friends we made there but so far we are enjoying our time here, especially when we turn on the news and see how cold and snowy it is everywhere else. Breah and I go out on walks everyday and bask in the beautiful 60-70 degree sunshine. We live on Main Street so we are conveniently located by the Temple, the Library, grocery stores, all kinds of shopping, and just about everything we could possibly need while Brandon is at work(we only have one car). One day we took a stroll to the Temple grounds and Visitors Center where we ran into one of my old neighbors growing up (it drives Brandon crazy that everywhere we go we run into someone from Vernal) and also, Mark Eubank! I made him hold Breah so I could take a picture. He is an extremely nice guy and takes pity on you Uintah Basinites this winter!
In other news, Breah has two teeth! She had a doctors appointment on the 27th and the doc checked her mouth for signs of teeth—and there were none, and then two days later she starts gnawing on my hand and it hurt! Stunned, I went in to examine and found, not just one, but two teeth already cut through! Man, I hope the rest of them come this easy! She does get a little fussy at night, after she’s been asleep for a little while, and the only thing that will calm her down enough to get back to sleep are those little homeopathic teething tabs…they say they are all natural and have no side effects other than relief, but sometimes I wonder, they can really knock her out! Breah is now rolling over from her back, but seems to have forgotten how to roll from her belly, and then she gets frustrated and buries her face in the ground. She is actually getting to be quite mobile. Besides rolling she can pivot on the back of her head while lifting her bum to get to just about anything she gets her sights on. It’s amazing to me how much she is learning and growing every day. Lately she has been experimenting with her voice a lot. The last few days it’s been “Thwah waaah” and “raaaaaaaaa” and a lot of yelling and growling—so much so that she occasionally loses her voice or chokes herself. She’s getting pretty good at sitting up now too, until she gets excited about something, then she flaps her arms and falls over backwards. Needless to say, she provides us with hours of entertainment, and I could go on for hours about her, but I’m sure ya’ll have heard enough!

So here you see a few of our recent pics, but some I love too much to put in the collage, and although it seems like a lot of pics for one post, remember this if for the last month! We started Breah on rice cereal last week…she didn’t much care for it, but I’m sure she will be loving it soon! She does love to drink water from my cup though—I need to get a good picture, she looks like a little kitten lapping it up with her tongue. One of Breah’s favorite activities during the day is watching all the cars go by out the window, she finds it almost as fascinating as I find watching!
I. Hate. You.
ReplyDeleteP.S. The pic with Breah grabbing the shutter is too cute! I want to gnaw on her little hand.
P.P.S. Trevor is in the same boat as Brandon. He's always flabbergasted that where ever we go we run into someone from the EC.
What do you mean, why the hate? It is horrible up here in the Great White North! Taking walks- humphf!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Does the word nibble better suit you? Snack? Munch? No harm was intended and if you don't like our compliments, we can take them away! So there.
I love the post, the pics of Breah are so great! I am so glad things are going well in St.George.. wish we had that weather
ReplyDeleteShe is getting so big and cute and fun. I love the pics. Months 6 to 9 were my favorite when Sub was a baby. Enjoy them!! Soon she'll be telling you NO! and pushing you out of the room. Hope you are enjoying St. George. We'll have to come see you one of these days.
ReplyDeleteWow! Mark Eubank! He's my favorite weatherman of all time! I was sad when he retired. Sounds like your family is adjusting well!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliment. I must say, I'm not surprised that it was Brandon all along. So extra thanks for overcoming your innate desire to be mean to us (which we feel towards you as well- not Shaylah)!
ReplyDeleteBreah is just adorable! Let's get together again soon.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Way cool that you meet Mark Eubank!
Welcome to Saint George,
ReplyDeleteWe will need to get together sometime. I am at the Library at least two times a week, right near where you are.
She just gets cuter and cuter and is getting so big! I am jealous that you are St. George where the weather is so beautiful! Oh, I just can't wait for summer!!!
ReplyDelete