We took advantage of Brandon's mandatory vacation (his plant shut down for the week) and headed up north to see our families. Here are some of the highlights of our trip. We spent Wed with the Dansies in AF, but I didn't take any pics. Then Thursday we headed to the big V. Luckily it was actually pleasant and we could play outside for awhile. Grandma Nellie has such a fun yard! Breah loved the 4-wheelers, bikes, trampoline, teeter totter, and swing, especially with Grandma's help.
Next we got to feed the bunny. No body knows where this bunny came from, but he is definetely a domestic bunny. Surely someone has lost a pet, but we enjoyed him. Cielo calls him her buddy, so we call him Buddy the bunny. Breah even tried to play ball with him.
Friday we took the kiddos to see the baby animals at IFA. Much to my dismay the bunnies were all gone. The ducks and geese were pretty cute though! I loved this little brown one...if only we had a duck pond or something. The problem with baby animals though, they all grow up, and unlike kids, you can't just send them away when they reach maturity. Breah liked the ducks but she didn't really want to touch them. Cielo, on the other hand, was all over it, kissing, squeezing, etc.

We had lots of fun visiting with all our family. We hate being so far away, but I guess it makes visiting that much more exciting. Maybe you should all move down here, the weather is much more enjoyable here! As much fun as it was being away, it was good to get home to our own house and back on a routine. We are still struggling to get Breah to bed at a decent hour though. I wonder if we'll ever be able to leave home and not come back sick? This is Breah Monday afternoon, too congested to move. What's weird is she's fine all day until she wakes up from her nap, then she's just whiney and sad. Nothing a little "meow" (baby einstein) can't fix though!
Next we got to feed the bunny. No body knows where this bunny came from, but he is definetely a domestic bunny. Surely someone has lost a pet, but we enjoyed him. Cielo calls him her buddy, so we call him Buddy the bunny. Breah even tried to play ball with him.
Friday we took the kiddos to see the baby animals at IFA. Much to my dismay the bunnies were all gone. The ducks and geese were pretty cute though! I loved this little brown one...if only we had a duck pond or something. The problem with baby animals though, they all grow up, and unlike kids, you can't just send them away when they reach maturity. Breah liked the ducks but she didn't really want to touch them. Cielo, on the other hand, was all over it, kissing, squeezing, etc.
She is such a sweetie, how we enjoyed a little visit from you all. Breah has such a darling personality and we love you all, hope she feels better fast.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a fun week! Sorry that we didn't call on our way through St. George. We were all sick - and really sick of being in the car. California was fun though. Hopefully I will blog about it soon!
ReplyDeleteSimilar to your leaf...and maybe I should call them "leaves" cuz there's a couple that I'm mashing in to one and turning the whole lot of them.
ReplyDeleteCute pic of Cielo with the duck-I know you showed it to me when you were here but I forgot to ask you to email it to me or something, can ya? and thanks for all the cute crafty ideas-i'm putting together a "wish-i-had-time-and-money-to-do-these craft idea folder (cake pops, and then all the stuff linked on the email about the cake pops-i'm pretty much set with crafts until I die)
Sounds like you guys had a fun trip! I know what you mean about it being a bummer living so far away from fam, but then at the same time happy to be home, back in the swing of things!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! It's always great when kids get to visit their grandparents. That last picture of Breah is so cute and sad at the same time!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to see all of you and sad to have you gone. We miss you.
ReplyDeleteHope Breah feels better soon, for her sake and yours. Cute pictures as always. Love checking out your blog to see whats up.
I know what you mean about coming back from visits always sick....it stinks. But luckily I do think they grow out of it. My kids are gonna be jealous of all the baby animals. How adorable!
ReplyDelete