Monday, April 13, 2009

Thank You, Easter Bunny!

At our house we like to request that the Easter Bunny comes on Saturday; that way, we can spend Sunday focusing on the true meaning of Easter, and as an added bonus, we'll never have to rush through the whole Easter bunny thing before church at 9:00 (obviously this year it wouldn't have been a big deal but as she gets older putting it off til after church might not be so easy). I tried to keep her entertained with "meow" and books until Brandon woke up to do the whole Easter bunny thing, but once she realized the eggs scattered throughout the living room had candy in them, there was no stopping her. The Easter bunny filled each egg with one jelly bean or M&M, and when it was gone, she would move on to the next one. When Brandon woke up we had breakfast and then got her Easter basket back down. She got playdough, some books, "Elwo" eggs (filled with lots of candy, but it took her all day to realize they opened), bubbles, sunglasses, and a frog puppet.
It was a cold and dreary day down here, but we braved the rain and went to the Arts Festival downtown. I'm sure I'll never choose to afford anything there, but I do enjoy going and looking, some people have amazing talents (although not all of it appealed to my taste, they are still talented)! Later that day my dad came in to town and took us out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse--YUM, it was even worth the hour long wait with a starving whiney Breah. Sunday I taught my first lesson in Young Womens and then we had our 2nd annual Easter dinner with the Healy's. I'm sure gonna miss you guys when you move! Who will be our family away from family on the holidays we don't go home? Anyway, I hope everyone else had a happy Easter, cuz we sure did!

Breah experiencing playdough for the first time. She liked it more than I expected her too...I guess cuz it doesn't stick to her hands.

She refused to look at the inside of this book, the cover had little lights on the eggs while it played music--no need to open it.

Her frog puppet. Do you like her jammies? She insisted on wearing this combination, and I swear, that was a clean shirt before all the candy (and syrup, she likes to dip her french toast but can now pull her bibs over her head, clearly I lost the battle this day).

I don't know why we bothered with a bucket for her eggs, they all ended up in the stroller anyway. Every day that goes by I wonder why I bought a stroller and not a shopping cart?

Devouring her yummy Starburst Jelly Beans...ummm, our favorite (and actually the only jelly beans I'll eat).

8 comments:

  1. Oh we'll miss you guys too!! :(
    I love all the new pictures.
    After you left last night the boys stood at the window saying "Breeeeeah"???!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie! So glad the Easter bunny found you, even though we missed A-Breah @ our egg hunt

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the celebrating on saturday thing. maybe we'll make that special request to the easter bunny also!! cute stuff for breah! I liked the elmo eggs, Jax would have LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! We like to do our egg hunts on Saturday too. Looks like Breah had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You went all out this Easter! I love all of your decorations and Easter treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! I love her basket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet she is, such darling pictures, I am so glad that the Easter Bunny comes to your house also, thats what makes Easter fun, love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Easter Bunny leaves goodies for Saturday at our house too! Super cute pics! Love the Easter dress...makes me want a girl! My kids don't leave bibs on either, or somehow food still ends up on their clothes so I make them take their shirts off everytime they eat...I know I'm redneck, but hey gotta get double use.

    ReplyDelete