the other day I asked Breah what kind of birthday cake she wanted, not really expecting her to answer, so I was kind of surprised when she answered "a Elwo one." So Elmo it is. How could I deny the wishes of a two year old on her birthday? Now any time you ask her what kind of cake she wants she says, "I one, Elwo" to which I reply, "yes you are one, but you are going to be two when we have an Elmo cake!" So after this was decided, we started hunting for Elmo's at DI for decorations. I found two the other day that stand up on their own so I thought they were perfect...and only $1 each. We took them home and disinfected them, and they have been Breah's best buddies ever since. When she leaves the room or starts a new activity, she says, "mon, Elwo" and carried him wherever she needs him so he can stand and cheer her on. This is especially true with puzzles, before she puts a piece in she asks for elmo's approval. The other day it started raining and Breah comes running in "Waining, Mom!" So we opened up the blinds to watch it pour, of course Elmo had to be included. (I started babysitting for a friend who went back to school and Breah is obsessed with the carseat).
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
'mon, Elwo!
the other day I asked Breah what kind of birthday cake she wanted, not really expecting her to answer, so I was kind of surprised when she answered "a Elwo one." So Elmo it is. How could I deny the wishes of a two year old on her birthday? Now any time you ask her what kind of cake she wants she says, "I one, Elwo" to which I reply, "yes you are one, but you are going to be two when we have an Elmo cake!" So after this was decided, we started hunting for Elmo's at DI for decorations. I found two the other day that stand up on their own so I thought they were perfect...and only $1 each. We took them home and disinfected them, and they have been Breah's best buddies ever since. When she leaves the room or starts a new activity, she says, "mon, Elwo" and carried him wherever she needs him so he can stand and cheer her on. This is especially true with puzzles, before she puts a piece in she asks for elmo's approval. The other day it started raining and Breah comes running in "Waining, Mom!" So we opened up the blinds to watch it pour, of course Elmo had to be included. (I started babysitting for a friend who went back to school and Breah is obsessed with the carseat).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment