
I thought I better hurry and update--we no longer have the bili-bed. We took him off Wed morningish and he tested great on thursday, so we are free! I think we all like it much better now that we can hold him and dress him and sleep in the dark again. Tayven continues to be an awesome little baby and we are loving every minute of life with him here. Breah is the best big sister we could ever ask for. She is always so willing to help and loves singing to him, reading to him, and tickling him. Every time she holds him she says "Wook at those wittle hands. Wook at those eyes. Wook at that fuzzy hair. . ." Yesterday I left him in his bouncer while I was trying to pay some bills online and he started to fuss. Breah immediately announced that Baby Tayven was crying (any time he makes a noise he's crying). I told her he was probably getting hungry and that I would be right there. Well, the next thing I know, Breah comes running in to tell me "I tried to feed him Mom, but he no like it!" Luckily it was just one of her doll bottles this time, but you should see her "feed" her babies. And while she has given up willingly taking naps, she has been so good to play and entertain herself if I'm too tired to keep my eyes open.
It's currently 11:54 pm. I'm exhausted and Tayven is wide awake. I tried my hardest to keep him awake today. I don't think I saw the whites of his eyes til 5:00 tonight, and now he won't shut them. He's such a silly boy. Some nights he sleeps like a little angel, only waking up long enough to eat and poop, others, like tonight, he thinks it's time to party. Well, what's a girl to do besides try again tomorrow?
I know some of you are hear to see pics and not listen to my whining, but I haven't uploaded any recently. I promise I'll get around to it asap, but in the meantime, here's a couple from last week!
WOW how sweet can you get!!:) he is so beautiful as is Breah, she is such a good big sister, I just love your pictures and also your comments, keep them coming, It is so great for us "ones" that haven't been around you all for quite a while, and have never met little Tayven, love to all :) !!!
ReplyDeleteokay so not that I'm trying to be a no it all but I have something you can try if you want, that I strongly believe in. From the moment Tayven wakes up look at the clock and after 1 hour of being awake, take him in a quite dark room and try to have him sleep and rest as long as he will. Even if he just closes his eyes for 10-20 mins. Do this again the next time he is awake, note the time. You want him to be awake no longer than 1 hour without a period of rest. The reason? They come from a dark quite environment and get overstimulated in this new noisy bright environment and when too much time goes by without sleep (or quiet darkness) there hormones release to compensate which makes it even harder for them to go to sleep later. They become overtired and almost impossible for them to be soothed to sleep once all those hormones are released. The more rest he gets during the day, the more rest he will get at night, because he won't be overtired and fighting it. According to the Sleep Dr, You can't put them on a schedule until around 4 months, because their brains are just not developed enough until then, but until then try to have them rest after each hour of being awake, I know it sounds a little crazy but it is magic and I've found it is the key to a very happy baby! :) The book is called, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." And it is my bible when it comes to my babies. They are all awesome sleepers and it is thanks to this book. I highly recommend it! Enough said? I think so! Sorry! :)
ReplyDeleteBreah is so sweet with him!
ReplyDeleteI read the sleep Dr. book too, and it's made being a mom so much nicer! I have to say though that while my girls both still sleep 7 to 7 every night now because of the sleep training we did early on, Sabrina took to it way better than Lucy. For the first 2 months with her, I never knew what I was going to get each night. One night she'd sleep; the next night she wouldn't no matter what I did during the day. Hang in there! And don't be afraid to use the video nanny if you need a little nap. It worked for me!
ReplyDeletegee I think that the 2nd photo looks like Baby Brother Tayven is for sure giving Big Sister Breah a kiss, such darling Kids they are hugs and kisses to all
ReplyDelete