Monday, April 5, 2010

A new angle

Here's our little man from a different angle...his cute little back end! His bilirubin levels came back too high today, so we had to get set up with the bili-bed. I'm not a fan of having to have him in there at all times, and he's definitely not a fan of having those darn eye patches over his eyes. We have to keep a close eye on him cuz he's constantly pulling it down over his nose so he can't breathe. Luckily it makes him quite upset so we can correct it right away. We finally figured out that he sleeps better and can't mess with them as much when he's on his belly, so we keep him like that a lot too. Here's to hoping we are done soon!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new arrival! Did they induce you with pitocin or was breaking your water enough to get things going? If you had pitocin, I am very impressed that you went epidural-free (I'm impressed either way, but I hear pitocin makes the contractions much stronger). Caleb had to be under bili-lights for four days--I feel your pain. It's not a huge crisis in the big picture, but it was hard on me as a first-time mom, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Can't wait to see him. So glad everything went well. Call if Breah wants to come play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you guys he is precious, so so cute!! I am glad everything and everyone is doing well!! Isn't it so much fun with 2 little ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little guy, but adorable nonetheless. Congrats on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O man i totally know how u feel it sucks so bad. Boston would cry alot so there was many night i would sit up in a chair next to him and hold his hand and he would sleep better i did not but it is all worth it for him not to cry boston was under there a week 1 long week. well i wish u the best and if u need any thing let me know also the NICU had little eye patches that some people like better they cant pull them down. but any ways love ya and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just looking through some old posts on The Daily Daph and The Dansies.

    Brandon, you are a liar. You wrote that your first son will be named Seven. The last half of the word doesn't count. I am disappointed. You obviously didn't lobby hard enough. George Costanza you aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky-
    Because I was GBS+ they started me out on pitocin rather than breaking my water so that I could be on antibiotics for 4 hours before he came. The pitocin honestly wasn't that bad, but it didn't take long after he broke my water for things to really pick up, that's when I was wishing for some drugs. It seemed like once my water broke they got really strong really fast. My dr. even warned me that if I wanted an epidural I should get it before he broke my water, but I didn't believe it would be that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I didn't stay to long. He is so cute! I can't believe how small he is! I'll come visit again without the crew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the dreaded bili-bed!! Both of my girls had to be brought home with lights (although Lucy got the blanket kind). It was nice to hear all the "look at that skin tone" comments from people...too bad it was just the jaundice! Congrats you guys! He is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. apparently I haven't checked your blog in a REALLY long time! I didn't realize you were that close to having your boy. He is so cute! Congrats! now I have two of your kids I need to meet...

    ReplyDelete