My friend Chelsie is SO good at documenting everything. I'm not. But I should be better, so I'm stealing her idea (she does this every month!)
Things she says:
What are we doing today?
And what else?
Let's make a plan.
I like/not like that idea.
How about ___________?
That's what I'm talking about (usually when we correct her, for example she'll say red, we tell her it blue so she'll say "red blue, that's what I'm talking about" except that's a bad example, cuz she knows her colors really well) or "that's what I said."
Milk AND water (we can't give her options or she has to have them all--jelly AND honey
I want my teddy bear! (whenever she's whining or crying for no reason (or forgets why she was in the first place, or realizes she's being ridiculous or needs an excuse to be out of bed)
Read me stories. (ok sure, I'll read a few) No, ALL of them!
Just put it in the kridge
*she mixes up her t's and c's, for ex: she sits on a touch to watch tartoons, and plays with coys
It matches, see? Pink and pink (or purple and purple)
But Daddy is, or "I want to _______ like daddy!
I wish I could wear my pretty shoes to church like you and Angie!
Angie has that!
There's Angie's car (if Breah could, I think she'd pick Angie over me for a mother)
Same same!
You believe that? I not believe it!
I can't imagine, mom!
You know dat?
That kinda weird!
benember that, mom?
And when I eat my dinner all gone, then I can have a TANDY!
I'm so excited!
oh, I think he likes me (every time Tay smiles at her)
You are a pooping boy Tayven, and a wet boy.
Don't pee in the tub Tayven, don't do it! I mean it, bud!
OH, Hi Budy! (these aren't just one time quotes, these are things she says everyday, everytime we bathe him, change his diaper, and when he wakes up)
I have to watch your show for a minute while mine is coming on (during commercials)
all day morning
Things she does:
*Play Church: she stands up in front of a congregation of "friends" and says "Hello Everbody. Welcome to sackerment meeting. Today we are talking about __________" after the lesson she leads the group in a musical number and then says "everbody raise your hand" this goes on for quite some time and if I'm not participating she will offer a little prayer "Dear Heavenly Father. thank you for the day. Thank you for our blessings. Thank you for our family. Please bless daddy at work. Bless us to be kind. Amen."
*Play school: She loves to play school, either with her little people or with us. when we are the students she quizes us on our letters and has recently added sounds, "what says ah ah ah"
*Hide and Seek: Some days we play hide and seek for HOURS. She never tires of it and often will hide in the same place over and over. Sometimes she doesn't like to actually have to find me so she will tell me where I have to hide.
*Play doctor/dentist: Ever since we took Tay to his 2 month appt. and Breah to the dentist it has been a favorite game. We have to get on the "eldavator" then she brings all her friends to get shots in the leg. She tells them to be brave, then I have to make them cry and put a bandaid on, then she tells me "tighter Doctor, put it on tighter" then they get to pick a prize and a sucker and go home. Sometimes she will be the doctor, but usually she just wants to be the mommy and tell me what to do.
*Puzzles. She loves puzzles but has pretty much out grown all the ones we have so as a challenge to herself (and it's not much of a challenge) she'll dump them all in a pile in work on all 13 at once, or she'll put all the pieces together backwards
*Sings. She loves to sing and knows how to work the CD player to turn on her songs. She has her CD's memorized and gets upset when we start with anything but the first track.
*ABC's. She's known her abc's, both lower and upper case for quite some time. Now we are working on sounds. She's pretty good at recognizing what letter things start with, although I think it's more memorization than sounding it out, but it's a start. She also knows how to spell her name and everytime she sees "REA" she gets really excited.
*uses her bus to reach things and get into trouble, she calls it her ladder bus
*she loves painting, especially with string, cutting, and gluing.
*Loves playing in the water--whether a splash pad, a pool, or her sprinkler.
*loves holding her brother, reading him stories, and getting him toys and binkies.
*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! What a smart little whipper-snapper! I always love reading the latest
ReplyDeleteI notice each time we are around her how much smarter and how much more she knows. You are such a good mom to work with and play with her so she learns so much. She won't have to start in Kindergarten, but will be able to go directly to second grade. SMILE!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is such a good teacher/mother, such a smart/cute young lady, we love you Breah,also think that you are such a good Mom to take the time to teach her all the things to make her so smart. Way to go Mom/Shaylah I love you all so much!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that she plays Sacrament Meeting. That's too funny! And it sounds like to you need to get her fancier shoes for "real" church.
ReplyDeleteI love this idea!
ReplyDelete