
Back in July, the 20th-24th, we headed up north for a vacation with our Dansie family. We rented a house by Jordanelle that was big enough to house us all, and served as the home bass between all our activities in Heber and Park City. It was a lot of to be able to just hang out and let the kids play while taking a break from our everyday lives. We took turns cooking meals, so we only had to worry about that once, which is always a plus in my book! Our first day there we headed to the lake. It was slightly rainy and a bit windy at times, but a good time was had by all.
Wednesday we headed into Park City Mountain Resort to do the Alpine Slide and all that. Breah LOVED the Alpine slide. When we started out I told her to tell me if she wanted me to go faster or slower, so the whole time she yelled, "Faster, Faster!" between laughing uncontrollably. That is, until she realized it was blowing her hair. Then she had to hold her pigtails saying, "my ponies, my ponies!" I tried reassuring her we could fix them at the bottom, but to no avail.
Brandon and I really wanted to do the zipline, so we did that thinking it would be totally amazing and worth every penny...well, it was fun, but didn't give either one of us quite the rush we were anticipating. It was fun, but next time I think I'll try the roller coaster. Tayven was a good boy and slept most of the time so we could play. I think being away and around other people must really wear him out cuz he sure sleeps good at night while we are away too! And of course Baby Lucy had to come with us. Breah was good to make sure she was always fed and burped, and getting lots of rest.
Thursday we headed into Heber for a Train themed afternoon. We had lunch at the infamous Dairy Keen and then Ash & I took the babies to the PC outlets while the rest of the gang got to ride on the Heber Creeper. Breah was pretty tired and they had to fight to keep her awake, but she must have been awake enough to appreciate it as she hasn't stopped talking about it yet. 
At night all the kids slept together in bunk beds and the adults got to stay up and play games and enjoy some time in the hot tub (with the occasional deer passing by). Friday we headed to PC to do some shopping and then headed back to AF to prepare for the annual Neilsen Reunion in Mona.

Breah sure had fun with her cousins, or as she likes to call them, her friends, and talks about them daily. They are all so good to her. All week Buddy and LouLou were amazed that she could talk and would drill her, "Can you say _________" so now that is a fun game that we play everyday: "Mom, can you say 'wa-ter-mel-lon.'" And Squiggle was so cute to take Breah's hand in the race. Everytime we get to spend any time with all the cousins I find myself wishing we lived closer, but then I think how I lived away from all my cousins and I think that's what made it so fun when we did get together, so I think she'll be ok! Unless, any of her cousins want to move closer to us, that would be ok!



reunions are so much fun, looks like you all had lots of fun, it is so good to meet all your cousins and grandparents and everyone else..keep up the traditions..
ReplyDelete