And because I know you all aren't hear to read about our garden failures. Breah will totally turn her nose up at just about anything unless we can somehow trick her into tasting something, then she'll see that it's really not as bad as she thinks. Well, zucchini was one of those things. She would tell me every day, "I don't like keena" then it was "keeny" and now it's "bakeeny." Until one day we made zucchini bread, and zucchini brownies. Now all the sudden "I wike bakeeny now. I didn't wike it yesterday, but I wike it now" (as long as its in dessert form). It it's not she says, "Well, I wike bakeeny most of the time, but not today!"
Thursday, September 23, 2010
A couple of BIG Bikinis
This is our 3rd year of gardening, and I think we get worse with each year. This year we had tomatoes that produced a whole bunch of tomatoes one week and didn't do a thing after that. Then we had some peppers that haven't done anything until now, and now 2 plants are shriveled and bare (I think the giant nasty caterpillar thingies ate them) and two are currently loaded with little tiny peppers that don't seem to want to get any bigger but are so thin and nasty tasting that I leave them on hoping they'll thicken up if nothing else. And finally, we have one very large zucchini plant. I know most people have to pick zucchini a couple times a week. Well, I'll go out and see a little start of a squash so I go out a couple days later and it's maybe grown an inch. It seriously takes like 2 weeks to grow and I was getting very frustrated. Well, last week I noticed there were a couple that looked like they were about ready to pick, so I meant to go and get them before we left town on Friday. Well, I got busy doing a million other things and didn't. This is what we came out to Wednesday morning. Too bad zucchini isn't one of those "the bigger the better" kinda things. Maybe if I left them on a little longer they could compete with the giant pumpkins? I thought it would be cute to take a picture of Tayven to illustrate the size, but he wasn't at all thrilled about that. Luckily Breah was quick to volunteer and strike this most adorable pose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh! Those are huge! Breah is so darn cute. I love how she changed her mind.
ReplyDeleteOh how sweet she is, the "bakeeny" are way, way big, and anything is good when chocolate is in it, she posed so cute, how sweet of her to help Taven out by doing the picture for him.
ReplyDeleteThis may sound weird but I almost couldn't look at pictures because they looked like snakes. Yuck
ReplyDelete