Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pweskoo!

Breah started preschool today.  Nothing fancy, just me and 2 of my friends trading off 2 days a week, but she was so excited.  She started packing over a week ago and talked about it all the time.  So she was pretty excited that today was the day.  This morning I got her going on breakfast and went to take a shower.  I wasn't in there a whole minute before she comes running in, stripping her clothes off  "Can I get in wif you?  Cuz I'm a big giwl!"  (up until yesterday she was terrified of showering with me).  When we got out I sent her to go get dressed and she comes back with 2 undershirts, just like me.  Me:  "are you sure you need 2 undershirts?"  Breah: "Yeah, cuz mommy has 2, see?  A white one and a black one, but I have pink.  But I not have one of those top fings, the holders for the foods, like the mommies have, but I can just wear 2 undershirts today."  I just about died.  "the holders for the foods?"  At least she's not insisting on wearing a bra already (she does know it's called a 'bwa' but she does refer to my chestesses as Tayven's food, and I haven't bothered to correct her).
Anywho, once we got all dressed in our seventeen layers we had to fix our hairs for pweskoo.  And then we had to wait, . . .  and wait, . . .  and wait.  The excitement was killing us, so while I was making some last minute preparations, Breah got down to business with her new glue.  And then she mastered her new ABC game before I even finished cutting it out.  But then it was finally time.  Her friend Jada came over and gave Breah a dandylion.  I don't know if it was really for Breah, but when Jada showed it to her Breah said, "Oh pretty flower!  Is it for me?  Where did you find it?  I love it!"  then came running to show me.  I asked her if she said thank you and she goes, "Oh, no!  I didn't, I forgot to!"  and ran over and gave Jada a big hug and thanked her.  It was precious.  After every activity/story/snack Breah would ask, "What's next for Pweskoo?"  and when I had finally run out of activities she said "But I not want Jada to go home.  I not want pweskoo to be over, I just want it to go on and on and on and on!"
I know it's totally cliche but I can't believe she's growing up.  It's crazy to think my little Breah's old enough for preschool.  Granted, she's still got 3 years before she starts kindergarten, but my goodness, where does the time go?  If you ask her how old she is she'll tell you, "I'll be 3 in October!"  She's such a sweetheart though and I love watching her grow up and seeing her excitement about for the world and just taking it all in.  I love my job as a mother, even though some days I want to pull my hair out, they make it all worthwhile with their silly little one liners and grown up conversations.  Like yesterday when she told me that she wanted to be a mom someday when she is bigger.  Does it get any sweeter than that?

Oh, and one more thing.  On Sunday her nursery leader brought her to me (first time since she first started going to nursery) because she was sad.  But she told me they she just loves having Breah in there cuz she always says the cutest things (see, it's not just me).  I guess they had been reading some winnie the Pooh books and were talking about how Pooh thinks about honey all day and even dreams about honey.  So she asked Breah what she dreams about and she said "I just dream about growing up!"  And FYI, Tayven often dreams about walking.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck, I was crackin up reading this. There is really NEVER a dull moment with Such a BIG girl in the house. Can't wait till we can come play with you guys. FYI- there was a news story on ABC4 about a gardener that used "food holders" to keep her melons up off the ground just last week--what a coincidence.
    Funny but true

    ReplyDelete
  2. little sweetheart Breah. I have so much fun reading all of your posts, but this was such a funny/sweet one, it sure sounds like you have a growing/grown up girl, I am glad that you are saving this for when she wishes that she wasn't a "old girl" but we never tire reading about Breah.

    ReplyDelete