Wednesday, September 15, 2010

SOOOOOOOOO Big

Incase you haven't heard, Breah is a big girl now.  Now that she is a big girl and goes in the big girl potty, she thinks she is big enough to do just about anything.  She's given up baths.  Big girls take showers, you know.  She insists on picking out her own clothes, & blow drying her luscious locks and curling them with the big girl curling iron.  Sometimes she likes to take herself to bed (if only big girls stayed  in bed...).  She makes her own PB sandwiches and macaroni and takes her lists to the store in case Mom forgot something on hers.  And don't worry, she's always prepared to pay if I ever have insufficient funds (or can't find my purse).   Today she even asked me if she could drive, adn why she had to have so many buckles when mom only has one.  She's especially big when it comes to being a big sister and is always looking out for her bro.  She pleads with me on the mornings she doesn't shower to let her watch Tayven and is always bringing him toys, singing to him, playing with him, and trying to take over when I'm feeding him food.  She desperately wants to carry him and is always asking why I won't let her.  Yesterday she said, "Why can't I hold Tayven and walk too?"  (because he's almost as big as you, and he can be pretty heavy for someone your size, he's even heavy for mom sometimes!)  "But I saw that girl at church holding her baby to give to her mom, so why can't I do it?"

The other day we had to put Tayven in the pack and play, which used to be Breah's of course (and of all things, that's been the hardest for her to give up for Tayven).  After explaining to her our reasons, she replied, "Ok.  I used to sleep in it too, when I was a baby.  But I'm a big girl now.  I go in the potty, I sleep through the night, go to pweskoo, and all kinds of fings."  And yesterday when my Parents mag came, she immediately started reading it.  She told Brandon it was hers and she was reading it to learn how to be a big kid.  She is getting to be so big all of the sudden.  It's fun but it kinda makes me sad, she's not my little baby any more.  I think I'm going to be one of those moms that dreads every milestone over the next 18 years of her life (or is that all moms?)

And of course, she has to keep reminding us that Tayven is a baby.  He loves to play so big, but when ever Breah is around she corrects us and says, "No, Tayven is little.  Can you say, 'So wittle?'"  (she's always teaching us proper pronounciation as well) and reminding us that he wears diapers.  But she's also anxious for him to grow so he can be her little play mate.  Almost every day she asks, "Does Tayven have teeth yet?" and "Did Tayven learn how to walk?"  Obviously she knows he can't talk but she is convinced that when I speak for Tayven I'm actually translating his thoughts and will get down in his face and explain to him whatever it is she's doing.  It cracks me up.

This also cracks me up.  Sorry about the sideways shot half way through, sometimes we forget that videos can't be flipped like a photo, especially when shot from 2 different angles.  She definitely inherits her moves from her mother.  Well, and her father.  She pretty much doesn't stand  a chance, but darn it she tries a lot harder than we do and seems to enjoy it a whole lot more too.


2 comments:

  1. wow! how cute can she be, she is growing fast and Shaylah I don't know about other mothers but what you are saying is very true about dreading every milestone, and they do grow up so fast, but she is a real sweetie, and you enjoy every second with her and Tayven....you are a real special Mommy

    ReplyDelete