Friday, October 1, 2010

A little me

Everyone always says Breah is the spitting image of me, but I don't see it so much.  Brandon always says she acts like me, and well, I am starting to see that more and more every day.  She is a little me, only a far more exaggerated me.  It's funny, it's embarrassing, and it's a tad bit frightening at times.  Today I saw just how cheap I am.
One of Breah's favorite things to play right now is shopping.  She puts on her fancy shoes, gathers her purse(s), baby, stroller, and a shopping bag, and she's off.  Then she comes to me and says, "Hi Lady, can you buy this please?"  and then I "beep it" and tell her the price.  Today she wanted to buy her pony, but when I told her it was $2, she got all disgusted "Ughhhhh!  Two dollars!  Well I don't want it if it's $2!" and put it in a discard pile.  Then she hands me the next item, a book, which I priced at a quarter, so she took it.  But when I want $3 dollars for another toy, it too was added to the discount pile.  In the end she walked off with about 1/3 of what she brought to me and at one point told me I was outrageous!  I about peed my pants laughing.  I'll admit that I'm cheap, but I only haggle at yard sales and when things don't ring up as they are marked, but now I see how it appears to a 3 year old.  I just hope it sticks and she grows up to be frugally minded--that will make the teenage years more affordable!

1 comment:

  1. Yes she looks just like you at 3 years old, and I can't think of a better person for her to be like than you.. she is so cute and I think her playing shopping is so very sweet, and outrageous..cute :) :)

    ReplyDelete