A month later, I'm finally getting around to getting these up. Still can't get over how cute my own kids are. Breah's costume was different each time she wore it, but I guess that's the advantage to being Fancy Nancy and having such a plethora of accessories to choose from. It was disappointing to me that no one knew who she was. I was constantly having to tell people. I don't know what I was expecting, it really isn't that identifiable of a costume. Funny story--Grandma Nancy has a fancy Nancy book and was reading it to Breah while we were up there a couple weeks ago. Breah said to her, "I was a Fancy Nancy for Halloween!" G. Nancy: "Yes, I know you were!" Breah: "And I was a cute one, wasn't I!" Yep, she's cute, and she knows it!


I always think that kids who's costumes go together are so cute, so I was kind of wishing that I had dressed Tayven as Fancy Nancy's dog. But, I bought this costume last year and hated to let it go to waste (or go to the effort of making a different one), so he was a giraffe. And a very cute one at that! I love that from the top you can't even see that there's a baby in there:
We had dinner at Karen and Larry Brock's house with the Ernests, Tebbs, and Coles, and then went out trick or treating. Here's Breah and her friends Grace, Jada, Emeri, and Micheal.

By the time it was time to go trick or treating in the neighborhood, Breah was a pro. On Friday we had been to the middle school and to the library, so this time around she forgot that she was shy and would skip or run to the door, knock, say the magic words (Trick or Treat), and exclaim "I'm Fancy Nancy!" This lasted about 7 houses, and then she was pretty much just going through the motions and had lost the bounce in her step. We changed her into her "tenna's shoes" (that's a whole 'nother story) and continued on for a while. We were having fun visiting and getting to know who lives where, but eventually we were all tired and ready to go home. And thus began our three month sugar high...
No comments:
Post a Comment