Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Part 3: The Party

Breah's Birthday party had to be rescheduled since we were up in SL with Tayven, but we finally got around to having it last friday.  I thought a butterfly cake would be easy enough, but I'm not as much of a cake decorator as I wish I were.  I refrosted it several times but it seemed to just get scary each time, so I finally left it alone.

Breah liked it, and really that's all that matters, right?  
I had all the kids decorate butterfly wands and make antennas and butterfly wings, and then we went outside for games.  First we had the butterfly races--don't they make pretty butterflies?
The bigger boys were all excited about being big ugly flies
Breah takes after her mother in so many ways.  She's not much for competition and isn't the most skilled runner around.  She gave it her best and was quite happy to come in dead last.  We also played "Butterfly landing" which was pretty much a cake walk where the butterflies had to land on paper flowers.


So after almost a month of celebrating, the big 3rd birthday has come and gone!  We love our little Breah so much.  She brings so much joy and happiness to our lives and we are grateful to have her as a part of our family.  It's been a good 3 years and we look forward to the years to come!  Love you Sis!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday 3 year old, dear Breah, you are such a beautiful little girl, and we are also so grateful to have you be a part of our family, you must love your butterfly cake because the look on your face tells it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! can't believe our girls are already this old! and once again great minds think alike because i already have similar things planned for talia's bday in november (and yes, i've also been thinking about it for months). she wants a cinderella party so we are making wands and having a cinderella character cake walk and a pinata. sounds a lot like yours huh? :) i was actually half expecting to see your kids dressed like mine (cinderella and a pumpkin)for halloween since we've done that the same the last couple years too :) anyways, happy bday to breah!!! (and so glad to hear that all is well with tayven!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I don't think I could ever make a cake with out a mold that could look as good as your butterfly! I thought it turned out great! Second-sorry I am in the shot of all the little butterflies! Always in the way. Sorry bout that. Grace had a great time, she still plays with her butterfly wand and wears her little antennas around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything finally came together for Breah and you. Looks like it was a fun and memorable birthday party with her friends. You
    are always so cute about making everything special. Cute pictures of the long month birthday. Glad all is well and Tayven is doing good.

    ReplyDelete