Saturday, May 21, 2011

Random quotes

I'm horrible at recording all the funny things my kids do everyday. Yes, they are funny. Every. Single. Day. One of the best perks of being a stay at home mom, I suppose. Constant entertainment. I try hard to remember these things. I find random pieces of paper all over the house with little quotes written on them, I just need to be more consistent and compile them all in one place! It just so happens one of those is sitting right here in front of me, from earlier today, so here goes!

As I was drying my hair this morning Breah comes in and asks "Do you want to know how to make a back scratch?"
Me, intrigued: "Sure honey, lets hear it"
Breah: "Ok, first, you make one dot [imagine her hands doing actions similar to 'itsy bitsy spider'], then two dots, then one dot, then two dots, then one! Just like that!"
Me: "Oh yeah? Now tell me again what we're making?"
Breah: "A back scratch, Mom. See, watch!" [as she proceeds to "hopscotch" around the bathroom]

After we got the kids in bed tonight I had to run the store to get a few things. As I'm getting out of the car, I see the door opening. I assumed it was Brandon coming to help me unload the car, but no. All the sudden I see Breah's little head peek out the door and say, "Mom, will you make me breakfast in bed tomorrow?" I was a bit suprised at this request and when I had consealed my laughter enough, I had to make sure I heard right. Again, "will you make me breakfast in bed tomorrow?" Me: "Why do you think you need breakfast in bed tomorrow?" Breah: "Because I have not had breakfast in bed for a long time, and I want it!" So, I gave a her a hug and promised her if she went right to sleep, I would do it. Hope she doesn't expect this to happen often!
**Update: 7:00 this morning I wake up to hear Breah yell from her room, "MOM, I DON"T HAVE ANY BREAKFAST!" Of course i knew better than to think she would forget but really, what did she expect? I got up and got her a pop tart--perhaps not the best way to start the day, but heck, it beats getting up and slaving away on breakfast when we rushing to have Bran at the shuttle!

A couple weeks ago I was showing my mom some things on knock off wood and Breah caught a glimpse of the castle bed. She's obsessed! She keeps talking about when we move to Georgia she will get a new castle bed. She's telling everyone!Well, I tried to explain to her that wasn't going to happen. I told her if we saw one at walmart then she could get it (i hope that's as safe of a bet as i think). Her response: "yeah, and if we don't find it at Walmart, you can just build it!

She LOVES to sing. She's always singing, either something she's made up, or a song from primary or preschool. Lately she's been singing "Praise to the Man," which she says she learned at Lilly's primary. It's pretty funny, her version goes like this:
"Praise to the man who believes in the gospel, who should annoy me, whenever I come out" (There's more, but that's all I can recall at the moment)

Also, she's very inquisitive. A few months ago she asked me what happens to our food after it goes into our tummies. I did my best to explain it to her, and then a day or two later she asks, Mom, where does the poop go when we flush the toilet? A simple answer is never enough, and the best part is when you finish telling her something, she repeats it back, word for word "So after we flush it down the toilet, then it goes out through the pipes and makes its way through the sewer and ends up in a water treatment facility, where they clean it and release it back in the enviroment?" (at least that's my understanding, i myself have never put that much thought into it.) Anyway, so today we went on a walk to drop some papers off at at a friends house, but they weren't home. Breah suggested we just leave them on the porch, but I told her that wasnt' a good idea cuz they would blow away. Breah: "why would they blow away?" Me: "because" Breah: "Don't tell me 'because,' tell me why!" Her other questions today were about her body, like "What is underneath skin?" (muscles and bones) And what else? (blood and organs) Why do we have bones? and "How does blood pump through our body? I'm gonna need to go back to school just to keep up with her!
**

4 comments:

  1. Nice going "MOM" you are doing great. Just remember their little minds never stop. They are going to need all of that information later in their life you know. After all they are a choice generation. Good Luck with giving what she wants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really LOL about that song. I don't think Lilly remembers any of the song--glad something stuck for Breah.
    After spending a few days w/her I can totally just hear her yelling at your from her bed for her breakfast--just like a little princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a curious, smart girl! The 'whys' are never going to end with her, I bet. She says some pretty cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Breah is so fun and cute. I'm glad I got to meet her. Your kids are adorable, but who could expect anything else with a mom like you?

    ReplyDelete