Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sage GrouseTime!

 There are not many things in life I would set my alarm to 4:30 am for, but when my Grandpa Lanny called and asked me to go for a drive to watch Sage Grouse, I jumped at the chance! I spent many Saturdays on the mountain with my Grandpa growing up and wish I could do it more often now. Blue Mountain was even more of a treat because it usually required a lot of 4-wheel drive, often getting out to haul rocks out of the so called "road." Wildlife always seem to be a lot more prevalent there too!  Well, as early as it was, it was worth it.  We saw elk all over the place, and even one lonely little deer, but really, the company was the best part!  When we got to where the Sage Grouse usually are, there were only a handful instead of the larger groups we expected.  Apparently their big show is usually a couple of weeks earlier.  But it was fun to see those that were there.  I think I've only seen them once before and that was a long time ago, and we (as in my grandpa, and I was riding along) were hunting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment