Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Package Day!


Breah was pretty pumped about St. Package Day this year, so luckily we had Grandma and the boys around to make it extra special. My mom was down for a 4-H Leadermete so they got to join in on the fun. While we were sleeping the night before, leprechauns came and wreaked all kinds of havoc at our house. They played all kinds of tricks, like hanging dress ups all over the house, stealing our shoes, and turning our potatoes into magic Irish Potatoes. And they left a mess of green glitter wherever they went. Luckily Lenny the Leprechaun was kind enough to leave clues to find our shoes, which were hidden in the playhouse filled with gold and prizes. For breakfast we had to drink green milk thanks to those darn leprechauns and completed an St. Patricks Day trivia quiz.


While our guest were away the kids and I took a trip to Creative Minds, which happens to be one of Breah's absolute favorite places. She calls it "the museum with the car, that's just around the corner". We can hardly get in the car with her asking to go.
For dinner we had the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage,
Irish soda bread, and Irish cream shakes. It was quite tasty!  We also had some kind of green drink, but it wasn't really worth remembering...  We probably went a little over board this year, but it was fun.  I think I need to go crazy for more hoidays!

Oh, and I almost forgot, Grandma Nellie brought a special package for St. Package Day--a new princess book and a box of Whoppers (from Grandpa Whopper!)
And in case you were wondering, Breah wore green for all of 5 seconds that day, and then we had to pretend that her blue dress was green...she loves that dress and wears it as often as I'll let her (sometimes it gets lost in the laundry for a couple weeks).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the memories!!! I too think we should go all out for holidays, let's CELEBRATE BIG when ever we're together!!!!! We never know when there may be a time when we don't get to be together for long periods of time and we'll be sorry if we didn't--sob-sniff

    ReplyDelete