Friday, April 8, 2011

Tayven's First Birthday!

It's really true, Tayven turned one on Saturday.  I always thought time went by fast with Breah, but it really flies with the second!  We celebrated as a family on Saturday so that we didn't conflict with conference.  We went to Dairy Queen for ice cream and he got his present--a sand and water table.  I think I stressed more about the gift then I did about the party, going back and forth for various reasons.  But it all worked out in the end.  The best part of this one is that it can be enjoyed by both Breah and Tayven at the same time...one less toy to fight over!

Actually, we started the day off at cheering Brandon on in his triathlon.  We are getting better at this thing-this time we managed to see him bike and run, but didn't quite make it to the finish line in time for pictures (we saw him finish though, we were just too busy sliding down a grass hill with a double stroller to get the camera out in time).  Breah really wanted to go with him and declared that if they still do races when she is bigger, she wants to do it too!  I hope she does!
 After conference we went out for ice cream.  I wish I could say this was his first experience with it, but it's not.  He still makes the best faces though, and can never get enough.  Breah was so excited to share her ice cream with him and when one of us wasn't feeding him he would make his wants known to the whole store. 
Breah was so kind to ensure that I got it put together correctly, and as quickly as possible. She couldn't wait to see the excitement on his face and let him play with it.
 Of course now that we have fun water toys to play with, it has to be cold and windy every day.  But it was warm enough for a bit on Sunday to go out and play...a much needed breather between sessions.  Tayven hates grass...he won't sit in it, he won't stand in it--nothing, he just pulls his legs up and protests.  So I had to lay out a towel for him to stand on (he did get some shoes for his birthday though).  It wasn't 10 minutes before he was over his dislike of the grass, he was cruising all around this thing!  hasn't phased him since! 

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie. He is sooooobig now. Remeber how Jorie would not touch grass, water, dirt or anything with her feet, but wouldjust pull them up. Must be a thing.
    Cute toy to share. They will have fun with that. Now hope for warmer weather. Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Brandon. How did you do? You will have to do the one here in Vernal in June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Boy what fun! does it have sand too? We'll bring our boats.
    I can just imagine all the lip smack'in sounds Tayven was making while eating ice cream. Don't forget we're planning a do over when we come out---see ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the triathlon, looking good---how does it feel to have such an adorable fan club cheering you on?
    I can see you and Breah running together in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What darling kids!! I would enjoy watching him eat ice cream, you know a kid can't have too many birthday parties, OR too much Ice cream. Tayven is already 1 year old!!!!and a mighty handsome one!!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYVEN, WE LOVE YOU

    Brandon, way to go!!!!! keep on going

    ReplyDelete