One time while Brandon was traveling for work, he gave up his seat in exchange for a free voucher. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it's probably not something he'll do on a regular basis, as it turned into quite the headache. Anyway, we had to hurry and use it before it expired, so we decided to do something fun, just the two of us. We decided to try a cruise, and Nancy and LaMonte agreed to watch our kids for us, which we will be forever greatful for.
It worked out so that we got to go up to SL a day early to go to the Jazz/Hornets game with Brandon's staffing agency, which actually was a lot of fun, even for me, and I'm clueless when it comes to basketball. We got to go down and enjoy the VIP dinner before the game, and a great weight was lifted from Brandon's shoulder when they started showing the BYU game on the big screens there:
We weren't the only ones down there either, for the entire first half of the game the Jazz fans were pretty sparse! But once BYU had lost, we were able to go join the fun. We were so close. I didn't even zoom to take this picture! And these guys are HUGE! I've only ever seen NBA players once before, in the elevator of the Hotel Monaco, and I was a lot smaller then, so of course they seemed huge to me, but I'm an adult now and still couldn't stop gawking.
See that? Chairs in front of us, we were on the first row of bleachers. Being this close to the action I did find myself a lot more involved in the action going on on the floor than in the past, but still found plenty of opportunity to people watch. In fact, I even saw a couple familiar faces as I scanned the audience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment