Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Circus (party)!

I decided to go with the theme of Circus, simply because it was cute, and there wasn't really any obvious answer for him. My attempt at a photo shoot didn't turn out too great...this boy does not photograph well in outdoor settings. But, we found one that worked for the invite:
I made my first attempt at fondant--and boy was it fun...or at least educational. In the end though, I think it was worth the frustration as the result was much better than any I've done with icing. I ran out of patience before I attempted to sculpt an elephant on top, but luckily had bought these little wooden animals to put on frames (which never got done...surprise!)
I love my banner. I told Brandon we are going to have to have another red, yellow and blue party next year so I can use it again. I'm considering making a generic banner that we can use for anyone's birthday. And, here are just a few random pics from the night:
I saw the idea for a photo booth, but I got so caught up in everythign that I didn't even get pics of everyone who was there. Here we have the Brocks, the Ernests, the Tebbs, adn the Jones. But the Drakes and Snyders were there too, they just snuck out without a picture, darn it!
I made him his own smash cake to destroy, but we had to practically feed it to him, he just stared at it until Brandon chopped it up. He got the hang of it eventually, and then didn't want to stop. All in all, it was a fun night. We are lucky to have such wonderful friends to help us celebrate when our family is not around! (I forgot about the hats til the end...he was not thrilled about wearing it!)

P.S. Did anyone happen to count how many different outfits Tayven sported in a 2 hour span?

3 comments:

  1. I love the cake and sign. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We count three, do we get a prize?
    Loved the post it's fun to read all about your fun times!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday little one! You are adorable

    ReplyDelete