Now on to the actual cruise! We stayed the night at my aunts in SL because we had such an early flight, and once we got to Long Beach we took a cab to the boat and hung out for a couple hours by the shore. Some might think this sounds boring, but it was nice to just relax. (Warning: Some may consider this all to be too many pics of two of the wrong 2 people--we get it, nobody cares what we look like, it's all about the kids, but it's been a long time since we've had a pic of just the two us, so deal with it!)
Once on the ship, more relaxing. I actually got to read a book, take naps, and eat meals sitting down without having to get up 800 times in the process. And even better, I didn't have to cook, and Brandon didn't do a single dish! However, the food was not all it was cracked up to be (and yet we still ate too much). That being said, we did miss the kids. And we ran out of things to talk about, other than a major decision we had hanging over us at the time, which we talked a lot about!
While in Ensenada, Mexico, we did some shopping and then headed to La Bufadora. This was probably the coolest part of the cruise. Although I have no desire whatsoever to ever live in Mexico, if I could live anywhere (and take the people I want to be around with me) I would either live along a rocky coast such as this or right close to a large waterfall. I love the sound of rushing/crashing water. And the sea was so blue and beautiful there!
We couldn't resist fresh churros from the street vendors, despite all the warnings. They were delicious! And Nancy, I took this pic for you. All the brightly colored homes (that you can't really see in the pic) reminded me of Brazil. I meant to get some close ups, but didn't.
All in all, we had a good time. We decided though that if we ever go again, we want to go with friends. And to the Bahamas. . . or Alaska. So if your interested let us know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment