Friday, July 8, 2011

A Day at the Beach

Our first Saturday in Georgia we decided to hit the beach.  According to the locals, Tybee Island is the beach to avoid, but we are from Utah and we've lived inland our whole lives, so we were excited to go check it out.  I've actually been there once before, but it was over Thanksgiving in college.  We were amazed at how many people were there. 







We had a lot of fun, but we learned a lot, as far as beach going goes.  For instance, Don't take a lunch...or you'll be eating crunchy subway.  If there are a lot of spots opening up closer to the water, there's a reason, don't think you are just that lucky.  The further you are from the docks, the better (less crowded) off you'll be.  Don't take anything that isn't absolutely necessary;  beach towels are unnessary and would be of more use when you get to the car to protect your seats.  And finally, go later in the afternoon.  I'm sure we really fit the mold for the typical tourists, rolling in with our floaties, stroller, and all our bags, and then laying out our towels on the nice wet sand, only to have to move again every half hour.  We got our $4 worth, and next time we'll know better! 

3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE! I've been checking your updater every freaking day, and NOTHING! You've been blogging for, like, a month! I'm going to come out there and give you a piece of my mind, young lady!

    I'm glad you guys are safe and sound and within spitting distance of getting settled into a new house! We'll miss you- as if we ever got to see you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the beach and the pool! I am jealous. I have to wait to go swimming for another two weeks. :( It's been humid here and I'm dying to go swimming! How humid is it there? Are you getting into your house this week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's the reason the spots open up closer to the water?

    ReplyDelete