Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Party!


Of course Tayven's Birthday fell right during Spring Break, so I had a hard time deciding when to have the party.  We ended up having it during our regularly scheduled playgroup, but was a little worried about having that many kids.  Well, it worked out perfectly.  The older kids were so helpful, and so cute with Tayven, and the littlest kids had no interest in playing any of my games, so I was glad to have them there! 

The Cake
 Some people have an amazing talent for decorating cakes.  I enjoy it, but am no master.  I was up half the night decorating cake and sugar cookies, so you would expect something a little more impressive.  But, 3 cake mixes and 2 recipes of rice krispy treats, and this is what you get.  It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it was made with love, and Tayven was in love, so that's all that matters!  And I had fun doing it. 

 The Birthday boy enjoying his lunch
 I told you the big kids were helpful . . . gotta love those Hughes' boys! 
 The girls playing Loose Caboose.  They never really caught on to the point of the game, but they had fun running around the field!
 
 And of course, a game of "Chugga, Chugga, Choo-Choo" (duck duck goose).  Tayven didn't want anything to do with either one, but had a good time watching! 
 
Opening presents!  He was spoiled rotten by all of his friends, and the best news is, now the boy toys are starting to compete with all the girl toys in the house! 
  
 The Gang!  I think this is just about everyone, except for the guest of honor, and he just wasn't having it! 
 
And last but not least, Tayven and his friend Addison.  I don't know who started this but gosh they were cute! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great party. Wish we could have bee there. Cute pictures of cute kids. And love the cake........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you have anything to be embarrassed about with the cake. Tayven is looking so grown up! I love the last collage of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete