Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Please send chocolate

So, tomorrow is the big day. I'm having surgery on my sinuses to rid me of the chronic sinus infections I have lived with for the past 4 1/2 years! I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing but I'm sure I'll come out of it alive, and hopefully well! I've been back and forth about the whole thing wondering if I really want to smell again! It will be awesome to be able to smell all the good things in life, like flowers, and cookies, and most of all, fresh baby smell (oh how I've longed for that smell the last 7 1/2 months!). And you know how when you have a bad cold and you're really plugged up and things just don't have as much flavor--well I can only imagine how much better food will taste, and i'm actually able to chew and enjoy it without gasping for breath! I realize that with all that comes the not so great smells, like an unfresh baby for example! But I'm gonna have to say the pro's far out way the cons! If all goes well adn the surgery does what it's supposed to, a case of tissue from Costco might actually last me a month or more, I should be able to sleep better at night and therefore have more energy during the day, and I will finally get rid of this stinkin' chronic hack! This next few days are going to be a nightmare, but luckily I have my wonderful mother here to take care of Breah while I'm out of commission! I'm so lucky, I just hope Breah behaves herself or they might never come back! Well, i'm off to bed now, so wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! Things will go great! Hopefully the first baby smell is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Alexis & GraysonMay 29, 2008 at 12:55 PM

    Good luck with your surgery! It will all be worth it. Keep us posted on how your doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.... how did it go? We love you and are thinking about you! I hope Breah lets you rest and doesn't have stranger danger like the SLC trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shay I've been thinking about you so much! I just got an update on how you are... hope your out of pain soon. Your in our prayers. Love you lots! And get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete