I know in my little intro on the left I said I wanted to focus on the positive but I have to vent first before I can do that. So if you don't want to hear me whine, stop reading and pick up on the next post.
I have this friend that is driving me crazy. She always calls and wants to have "girls nights," but the last two times we've planned something, she backs out at the last minute. Last weekend she called and wanted to go to a movie, so we make plans to go friday night. We pick a movie and a time, etc. and then as I'm about to hang up she says, "Well, my dad is coming into town so I'll have to see what time he gets here! HELLO! Is it me, or is that weird? Do you call and make plans with someone when your family is on the way down to visit? The only thing I can think of is that she was hoping I could go mid day before her dad got here. Her husband is in nursing school so his schedule is all weird, but I tell her on a weekly basis that my husband works Monday - Friday, 8-5. So I called another friend and we went instead. Then this week I get an email after Breah's little incident that says as soon as Breah is better she wants to go to a movie to give me a chance to get out of the house. Well I needed a sitter saturday night so I called her Friday and asked her if she wanted to go to a matinee and then watch Breah while we went to an Elder's Quorom party. Once again, we get every detail figured out--we were going to go to Bride Wars at 2:30, adn she would watch Breah at 7:00. Perfect! So Sat. Brandon got up and went to the temple so he would be home to watch Breah while I'm at movie. But while he was gone, I get a call from her on her way to Vegas. She decided to go meet her mom and brother at the Vegas Temple, and told me if I really couldn't find another sitter she'd leave early to be back in time. Arg. I was annoyed, but it's really fine. I cleaned the house instead so it was probably for the better. I don't think I'll be calling her to hang out anytime soon...am I a brat? I think things like this are the reason I didn't like hanging out with girls in high school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment