Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Little Black Shoes

Breah has been cracking me up with her shoe fettish lately. She's usually ok wearing whatever shoes I get out unless she sees her black shoes, then there's no going back. One morning I woke up to her whining rather than singing and talking. When I went to get her she was standing in the corner of her crib reaching for her shoes. These shoes are a size three and are almost too small for her, but they must not hurt her feet too badly or she wouldn't want to wear them (at least that's what I keep telling myself). I found a pair of black dress shoes in the hand-me-downs that are a size 5, but I had to squeeze it on her foot only to have her rip it off and throw it. They must be pretty narrow or something, either that or she really hated them. I went to Kmart to see if I could find another wide pair but all they had was sandals. I think i'll give her a few more weeks and then I'll just have to put them away. She's funny though, it's not just her shoes anymore. If I take my shoes off she'll go get them and try to put them on my feet. Yesterday I was wearing my brown boots but she wanted me to wear my black shoes, so she comes stumbling in with my giant shoes to try and make me change (I didn't, but it was cute).

She's also turning in to such a big helper. She'll go get a diaper when asked and is always happy to help us find things. We'll ask her where something is and she'll wander aroung saying "hmm . . . hmm" and then when she finds it she says "here it is" (it's not quite that pronounced--its more like heyi-is). Last night she heard Brandon come home and ran to garage door, but he came to the front door instead so I called to her and said he was at the other door. So she came running and said "Heyi-is." Like here he is Mom, I found him! It was so cute.

She misses her dad during the day, especially lately when he's in school at night. She wakes up and wants Da, so she likes to call him and say hi. And she knows that he is usually there for lunch so as soon as we start to get lunch she walks around saying "Da?". And anytime we go anywhere in the car she thinks we will be seeing dad.

Lately she has really turned into quite the chatterbox. She's always talking, but not always understood. The words I do recognize and that she uses consitently are cheese (dees), shoes, please (pees), thank you (dank you), your welcome(ya yayoo), Love you (Lalou), more (noo), here it is (heyi-is), all done/gone (dall da), uh-oh, mom (mum), dad (da), purse (urse) 123 and the alphabet (makes sounds with inflection in her voice that sound like she's counting and singing the abc's. She'll surprise me frequently by making an attempt to repeat whatever we say, like sunday she said "do chuch," who knows when we'll hear that again. Oh, and we can't forget duck (duh), kitty (meow) and the occasional oinking. Her favorite songs and games are "If your happy", "Walking, Walking" "pat-a-cake", "isty-bitsy spider", and "Abc's"

In other news, I took Breah to the doctor for her ER follow up/well baby check yesterday. She's a whopping 22 lbs! That put her in the 36th percentile for weight, and 29.76 inches for the 25th. Of course, her head was still almost 97%. She was SOOOOOOOOOO good for the doctor and didn't even cry until she got her shots. She passed the autism check with flying colors and got a sucker for each hand for being such a good girl.

2 comments:

  1. I have some black shoes for her--I wonder if she will wear them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a few pairs too, maybe someone can find some that wlil fit and you can just swap out the too littles and hope for the best...

    ReplyDelete