Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer Fun

I love summer! Yes it gets hot and miserable at times (and already has been for a month here, but now the rest of the world is catching up with us...except the miserable part--is anyone else miserable yet?) but summer to me just means freedom. I know that probably means a lot more to those with kids in school, but I enjoy everything else that comes with it. I love going outside to play in frigidly cold water and loving it, and love coming home to a nice air conditioned house and drinking ice cold lemonade. I love shorts and flip flops and painted toes (especially on toddlers!) And I love all the bright colors that summer brings. I love that summer is so crazy busy, even though in reality, nothing in our lives really changes. And tomorrow it's JUNE! I'm so excited for family reunions, girls camp, swimming in a real pool, and hopefully even a lake or two, homemade ice cream, bbq's, the return of Elder Martin, Ryan's wedding (I'm getting a new cousin--yay), meeting my future cousin, and the list goes on. I have so much to look forward to this summer, I know the time is going to fly by! Here's some pics of our most recent water fun.
Not so sure about being plopped in there with the boys Kind of a scary self portrait... I love this pic--it's just so Breah. I love to see her long, dark eye lashes against those chubby little cheeks, with that lower lip poking out

13 comments:

  1. Holy cow, your feet are tan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Breah's swimsuit. So cute!
    kasey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Summer, and I am really enjoying the photo's you are posting, wow, making memories, while letting the rest of us share them with you, I can only say THANK you so much, Breah we love you and also love your Mommy for taking such great photo's, as you know you have GREAT Parents, love to all

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some way cute pictures of Breah! You'll have to let us know when your pool is fixed so we can play some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your camera is glorious! I can already tell. The pictures look great! Don't you just love it?? Looks like you are having lots of fun! That trip up to red cliffs looked fun. I love going places like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love summer days like that too! Hip Hip Hoary for summer! Breah's a swim suit model--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Cute! Cute!
    Great pictures as usual.
    How fun to have your own pool.
    I also am looking forward to what our summer holds for us with our family. Many things together and to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is just so cute!! I agree, summer is awesome! Glad I got to see you before we left. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture of Breah drinking from the hose! She is getting so big and she's getting more hair! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, she is getting so big! I would love to take a trip to the desert. But probably not happening this summer. I will be in CO for Thanksgiving. So if you make it to vernal we should get together then. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're too good at taking pics AND being a Mommy! We've barely been outside yet. I'm a loser.

    Anywho... I (by myself) will be in St. George this weekend. A friend has a family reunion and her husband couldn't go. I wanna see Brandon so bad I can hardly stand it!

    Wait- no! I meant Breah and Shaylah!

    Let me know if you'd be willing to put up with me for a short visit.

    I'll be there from Friday evening/night to early Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that she swims with a bow too! She is such a dantity little girl. Your feet are way tan! Thanks for the fun post about summer. I love it too, even fat, hot and pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breah's swimsuit is so adorable!! I love the pink bow is her hair. Looks like you guys are enjoying the summer weather.

    ReplyDelete