Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cheeeeeeeessse!


Yes, she's got a pony with 2 bows and a headband...doesn't she look pretty? (and yes, that's blue marker all over her face)
Why do we love this girl so much? Could it maybe have something to do with the way she makes us laugh even when we are trying so hard to be mad and stern. Or maybe cuz she's just so darn cute. Or because she is so quick to forgive and forget, or the way she is genuinely concerned for those around her. Maybe it's because she makes up silly songs about blue markers and makes us listen to Christmas music a month after Christmas. Or the way she reminds us of our manners (Mom, bless you me, I neezed!) and her own politeness, as long as no one else is around. Perhaps it is because she will sit at the table for an hour after we've finished, afraid to get down because then we will clean up her mess ("No clean up my mess Mom, leave it at a table minute" or the latest, "Put my food in the fridge, I eat it a morrow"). And the way she politely refuses a nap, "Not today. I fine. Thanks though!" (the same goes for trying something new at dinner: "No, I hab ___________. Thanks though!") Or the way she timidly says, "sorry, Mom" and gives me big hugs after a minute in time out." Or the way she puts off going to sleep at night by saying "I meed someping" over and over and then remembering that we have only done the hug and kiss routine 8 times. I might also kind of love the fact that she is not easily deterred when she gets her mind on something and doesn't give up for anything. And I absolutely love her sense of style (she's currently sporting baby bro's 12 mo football pjs with purple flowered pants and had to wear a skirt under her dress to church yesterday) and the way she is always complimenting me on mine--at least someone thinks I'm cool. And it's kinda cute when she lifts up her shirt to show baby brother his or her latest treasures ("Oh cute little shoes, I show baby brother"). And the way we can't drive down the road with out a constant "D for Daddy and Dansie" "K for Kiss" "I know that store!" "L for Lilly""I wanna go to that store" T for tickle" as we pass every sign and the constant playing of "Breah's songs." I could go on, and probably should, but I think it's pretty clear that we love everything little thing about this little girl, especially all the little quirks that make her so unique!

3 comments:

  1. She is seriously so dang cute! Sounds like she is talking really well! And she is very polite :) ! That cracks me up! How cute and funny! Love the pictures too! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment, I love all the sweet and funny stories of that darling little girl we all know and love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breah stories just make my day, I always watch to see what you have posted, and so enjoy every little bit about our little (big) Sister, much kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete