Today:

I had another ultrasound today. In the beginning I was having frequent US's because of my history, and then there was a hemorrhage that he was watching, and then at my 20 wk it was discovered that the cord is only a 2 vessel cord instead of a 3 vessel cord. I guess that's one of like 13 markers for down's, but the biggest concern (since none of the others were present) is that baby may not be getting the nourishment he needs to grow. My last appointment was actually the only appointment I've had that I didn't get one, but I will continue to have one every month to ensure that he is growing like he should. Today he looked great. He's growing and he measures in the 48th percentile--whatever that means, I hate that stupid system. She said he has a big head (oh goody!) and weighs about 2 1/2 lbs. Hopefully he'll beef up some in the next 12 weeks! It was weird to see him on US at this point cuz he's so big you can only see one thing at a time. And of course the little stinker was being shy and hiding his face every time she tried to look at it, but I did get a couple peaks at him...he even winked at me. It's been so fun to watch him grow...check it out!
6 weeks:

8 Weeks

11 Weeks:

16 weeks(this US was performed by the doc, and all he cared about was a certain little marker, so that's all he printed):
What a handsome little man! He must come from good genes!
ReplyDeleteI learned about percentiles in a class last semester :) So it means that out of 100 babies at his 'age' he measured bigger than 47 of them and smaller than 52 of them :) He is in the average range. :D Hooray baby boy!
ReplyDeleteI think he allrady looks a lot like Breah. Thats so cool.
ReplyDeleteSounds like he is growing well! That's really wonderful! I can't believe you are already so far along. Why does pregnancy in others go by so fast? :)
ReplyDeleteJust a note to Baby Brother; Hello little one, you are so safe there under Mommys heart, you are so lucky to be born to such a great Mom and Dad and Big Sister Breah, gain lots of strengh and get big and strong, so that we can give you kisses on that sweet cheek that looks so kissible (I just made that work up I think) thanks for sharing this with all of us;
ReplyDeleteSuch great technology these days, those are some great shots. By the way, we are having a boy too.
ReplyDeleteWow it is amazing! Hopefully they didn't scare you with the markers thing, they scared me to death! How are you doing? I'm so glad everything looks good and hopefully he will keep getting bigger! How excited your in the home stretch! :)I need to call you to catch up, now that all the holidays are over!
ReplyDeleteAfter seeing him, we're even more excited!!! I can't believe how the technology has changed since we first saw you in your Ultra sound...(sucking your thumb)
ReplyDeleteGlad your back to blogging, love ya ALL!!
Wow! You're totally going to recognize the little guy when he comes out of you thanks to all these ultrasounds! He looks like he'll be a cutie! And you look good in your pictures too! Hope we get to see you guys again soon one of these days.
ReplyDelete