Saturday, June 14, 2008

Homeowners At Last!

It's official, we are once again the proud owners of our very own home! We were actually debt free for a matter of hours after FINALLY closing the deal on the sale of our Fillmore house, and then last Wednesday we closed on a house here! It's the house we offered on before moving down here and were lucky to get ours sold just in the nick of time to be able to buy this one before someone else did. It's a free standing "condo" that was built in 1998, so it's not new but it's not nearly as old as our last one, so we are excited about that. We took possession of the house on Monday and have been busy trying to get everything all painted and ready to go before we move in the end of the month. Things got a little complicated though when Breah woke up sick Monday morning and continued to be sick all week long. The poor thing threw up all day Monday, and diarea the rest of the week. She didn't eat much all week, and when she did it would go straight through her so I was doing everything I could to keep her hydrated. She would just lay there and snuggle with me all morning, then about noon she would perk up a little bit, but she wasn't herself, she'd just lay on the floor and play. It was so sad, but also a little bit frustrating because I couldn't get anything done. Yesterday she finally started acting like she was getting better but still had no appetite, but at 6:00 this morning, she was bright eyed and bushy tailed with quite a healthy appetite! Yay! Our Breah is back! The down side of that is 1) no more cuddles, and 2) she is into EVERYTHING! I can't turn my head for a second! I left her on the floor for just a minute to help Brandon carry in the tile saw and came back to her tipping the paint can over with paint all over her! I guess it's time to put that pack-n-play to good use, I just hate the idea of putting my sweet baby in a cage, but as time goes on the house is getting to be more and more of a hazard for little ones!
Breah helping me pick my paint on Monday. This was earlier in the day before she lost all strength, it was all downhill from here
The poor sicky girl in outfit 4 of 5 monday morning--I was able get a little bit done during naps when I wasn't holding her

She finally starting playing by herself a little bit on Thursday and was being so good that I didn't notice how tired she was until she crashed on that disgusting carpet. I quickly moved her to a blanket and she slept peacefully for 2 1/2 hours! Hooray! The last picture is of Breah tonight, amidst quite a disaster as Brandon and I were busy laying tile and painting. (I forgot to mention what a handy husband I have!) She had just about had it by this point but was pretty amused by banging on the paint can (and don't worry, the stick was dry). It's times like this we REALLY wish we had family close by--to either take Breah off our hands or help with the big projects, or both.

8 comments:

  1. way cute house!! we'll come visit as soon as we can to help with Breah-you'll probably be all moved in and settled by the time we have time to come though, sorry we live so far away...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new home. You two are amazing, Lane and I are still doing the apartment thing.. (: It looks like your cute fam is doing so great! Miss you guys, you should come out and visit we could go to a Reds Game!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Wow you guys! We'll have to come by to see it the next time we're in town. And in 15 years when we own a home we'll have to have you guys stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is so darling! I can't wait to see in the inside! Take lots of pictures. Wish we could take Breah for a while and help get some painting done. Good luck with everything!! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the house! I was happy to see that there was no basketball hoop above the garage, because when Brandon plays basketball he's an animal and thinks nothing of knocking poor innocent girls down. "Don't get on the tracks when the train's coming." I still have a limp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats...it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the house! It's cute! I think you should definitely post pictures of the inside when it's all done! By the way, I have a random question for ya...my sister-in-law is planning a trip down to St. George and it's been a while since I've gone down so I was just wondering if you had any ideas of fun things to do down there. There would be a 3 year old, a 1 year old and a 7 month old on the trip which means the activities would have to be kid friendly, so I thought you'd be the perfect one to ask! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I was closer to help with Breah. She probably wouldn't like me though. Smile!
    Love your house from the outside. Hope to see it inside someday.
    Love your Blog. You do such a cute job. Brenda had to adjust my screen and I found out I wasn't getting all of your Blog design.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete