
Well, it's been 4 days since the big dig, and I'm happy to say I'm alive! (this is about as close to smiling as I can get right now, but it looks 100 times better than the picture I have of the day after!) As Brandon mentioned, the surgery seemed to go alright, though we won't know for a while yet just how successful it was. I have seen some improvement over the last few days though. My speech is getting clearer with each day and the bleeding is slowing, but i'm still awfully congested. I'm just confident that once I can get recovered that it will all be worth it! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the prayers and well wishes, and for Mary for bringing the whole family dinner, and especially to my mom and her crew for taking such good care of me and Breah. I don't know what we would have done without you guys! Brinlee and the twins were such good baby sitters and were so patient with Breah as she adjusted to life without mom at her side every waking moment. I think it's been hard on both of us, but definetly for the best! I was a little nervous about being alone with her today, but she has been such an angel I really can't complain! I just can't wait til I can gobble her up again, I miss those squishy cheeks! And of course, I can't forget Brandon! He's been a super help too and will continue to look after me now that Mom's gone! I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who is willing to change diapers, put Breah to bed, do the dishes, make dinner, and wait on me every minute he's home! We are lucky girls, Breah and I, and would be lost without you Brandon! Thanks for everything!

Ok, enough of that! We did manage to have some fun this week too! When my surgery was postponed til thursday that gave us a couple days to play with the kids, so Wednesday we went shopping and then to the city pool. Breah didn't love it as much as she did last time, but I did sneak away for a few trips down the waterslide with Brin while Breah growled at Grandma. She just wanted to make sure everyone knew who's in control around here, and believe me, she left no one doubting (it did get better after a while though)! Thursday we ended up going to the splash park and to Blue Bunny, which by the way is not near as much fun when food is forbidden, before I went in for surgery. Then Saturday Brandon took everyone up to Snow Canyon while I rested. Breah loves the back pack, so I think we're going to have to get one for ourselves! It was even comfy enough for a nap, and she didn't miss me the whole time they were off playing!

It was so nice to have my family here to take care of Breah so that I could just rest and not worry about taking care of her, and it was such a blessing that she decided to be such a good sleeper and even take the soy formula! That was a relief since in the past she has adamently refused it! And with all this lounging around, I got to do a little catching up with all the cute new movies out! Thanks Mom for making the trek down here. I hope you had as much fun as we did and that you will come back often! Maybe next time we won't make you work so hard! And anyone else who needs a vacation, come on down! Especially if you feel like painting! Our house in Fillmore is officially sold and we are closing on one here the end of the week, so I'd be happy to put you to work painting!
Looks like your having a good time. Glad to hear that things are well after the surgery.
ReplyDeleteShay we are so glad you are feeling better. We've been praying and thinking about you so much we are glad to hear your getting along.
ReplyDeleteYea for Breah and her crawl! Too big! She's the littlest, she needs to stay that way so we can give her lots of hugs before she refuses us!
Good luck with your house, maybe we can come to paint!
Shay that's a good look for you!!! I'm glad you're doing well.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Breah likes the backpack! Now you can have much adventures without the stroller!
I hope you are feeling better! It looks pretty painful! That will be nice for you to breath again. Breah is getting cuter everyday! We will have to try and come down this summer sometime! I hope you know I love ya!
ReplyDelete