Sunday was an exciting day. We had the wonderful opportunity of hearing not only 2, but 3 missionaries report in Sacrament meeting! Brandon's cousin Chad returned from South Africa the same day as LaMonte & Nancy, and was also reporting on the same day...talk about conveinence! They all did such a wonderful job and we are happy to have them all home! It was especially neat to go and hear "President and Sister Dansie's" It was so neat to go and hear their testimonies and experiences of their mission, but also to see the outpouring of support and love from so many of their missionaries. What a great opportunity to visit with some of them and see what great missionaries they had to work with. They were able to touch so many lives and bring the gospel to so many wonderful people in just 3 short years. We sure missed them while they were gone but can't deny that we have been blessed by their examples and service.
It was a great day, but I can't not tell you about our little pooper! During Chad's report Breah was just sitting out in the isle taking everything out of the diaper bag (her favorite activity these days--emptying everything in sight). Well when it was empty she leaned forward and started crawling away and I noticed a big pile of poo on the chapel floor! YUCK! I wiped it up the best I could and picked her up while holding her out as far as possible to protect my own clothing and ran out to get her cleaned up. Then I went back in with a naked baby (I stopped bring spare clothes months ago when she started eating solid foods) and informed Brandon that we were leaving. Of course he had no idea what had happened but there was no time to explain. After we got her all cleaned up and changed into a new dress I made Brandon take me back to scrub the floor before we went to the brunch--I felt so bad and didn't want the whole chapel to smell, but it's so embarassing with everyone mingling after the meeting. Then, I didn't want to have a grumpy baby and have to leave during the next meeting so we put Breah down for a nap and decided to let her sleep as long as possible before waking her. So at about 1:45 I went down to get her, and what to my surprise-- there is poo all over her shoes, all over the crib, everywhere! And I had only packed 2 dresses! So I cleaned her up as fast as I could and we managed to sneak in right before the prayer...in jeans! It's amazing what we mothers have to deal with sometimes, but you just have to laugh. Otherwise motherhood could become one very depressing job
Sunday night after the open house Brandon had to come back to St. George for work, but Breah and I got to stay one more night with G. Nancy & G. LaMonte, and then Monday morning we made the trek to the big V in our shiny new Camry. We purchased it when we went up on the 4th but ended up leaving it for LaMonte and Nancy to drive for a couple weeks, and it worked out perfectly because then Brandon was able to come home in one car and I could go the opposite direction. I tried to leave at about 10 so that she would sleep til Duchesne or Roosevelt and then I could pass her a bottle and be good to go the rest of the way, and actually she almost did, but she wasn't digging the bottle, so I had to stop at one of my least favorite stops along the way--either Myton or Ft. Duchesne, I can't remember which, (yes, you would think I would know my geography on this route a little better, but honestly...after Strawberry it all looks the same!) to try and cheer her up and get some tylenol for me (we all seemed to get some kind of little bug while away...too much fun I guess) but the only thing I could find was caffeine pills and NoDoze. I guess the only sane people to stop there are those who are being put to sleep by the scenery...Well Breah's cheer only lasted a few minutes and she cried intermittenly the rest of the trip, but I was determined to get there without another stop. We made it fine but I realized traveling with kids isn't going to get any easier...especially when I'm the only one there!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love it! Thank you for sharing those stories and making teh rest of us feel like real, normal poeple when crazy things happen! Isn't motherhood teh best thing that's ever happened to us, despite it all? :)
ReplyDelete