Saturday, August 2, 2008

Steel Days Parade & Dansie Fun

We started our adventure in AF with Grandma and Grandpa Thursday night, then Friday we made the maiden voyage to IKEA (I have been on the show floor once but the were closing so I didn't really get to take it all in). We had fun dreaming up everything we could do in our new house and ended up buying a new computer desk. It goes in the corner and has lots of room for storing all my scrapbook supplies! I'm so excited and I'm hoping that being organized will help me to get something done! G. Nancy was watching Breah's cousin Squiggle on Friday--they are only a few months apart and were so cute together, even though they only seem to want what the other has. They especially enoyed watching the neighbors dog and weren't even scared when it barked in their faces. Breah loves playing in the grass at Grandma's. It was much cooler and softer than ours and she just couldn't get enough of it! Saturday we got to go to the Steel Days parade with all the cousins, and boy did we have fun! The littlest ones were so cute dancing to all the different music as it passed and the bigger ones were all about the candy. Brandon was so excited to take me to a "real parade" but the only differences I noticed were 1) A LOT more advertising and 2) they actually threw candy (that was banned in Vernal many many moons ago when a lady tried to sue the city or something). I think he is just jealous because in Vernal we will celebrate just about anything with a parade & fireworks. We love it when we get to go and do fun things with our cousins, and we even witnessed a small miracle--Isaac lost his pink balloon in the sky and then a while later he saw it rolling back to him (a previous loss turned out to be quite traumatic so we were all quite releaved!). So, a good time was had by all, and we look forward to many more parades and cousin adventures!Top Row: Breah and her cousins Isaac, Buddy, and Lulu waving to the passing paraders. Middle: 1) Isaac dancing in his cool dude glasses, 2)Breah dancing with her daddy, and 3) Breah enjoying her first Otter Pop (she must get this from her Dad--I could go the rest of my life without another and I'd be just fine). Bottom: 1) Breah letting me know I'm not feeding her fast enough, 2)While the other kids were busy chasing after candy, Breah was content to play with a roll of t.p. handed out by Costco, and 3) Breah hanging out in her stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment