Saturday, January 15, 2011

All Growed Up

I can't believe my baby's all grown up and going to primary.  We've been talking it up for months but I was really nervous about her going.  She is kind of a mommy's girl and clings to me like glue (seriously, I can't even go to the bathroom with her hands sticking in under the door).  So, Jan 1st she had a primary party to meet her teacher.  She was such a big girl and went all by herself, didn't even look back when I left her.  But then later  she started to get all nervous and we think may have worried herself sick.  The next day she was all excited to go to nursery and then to primary... well no wonder she was so excited. So we had to tell her that she wasn't going to go to nursery any more.  She worried all through sacrament meeting, but when it came down to it, she went right in and sat with her class like a big girl.  It was nothing short of a miracle really.  I was in shock.  She came home and told us all about her new teacher and was even singing new songs, including Follow the Prophet (last week she came home singing the wise man built his house upon a rock).  I was a little disappointed in myself for not getting pictures before church, but it was a feat just to get out the door by 9:00, so after church it was!  

2 comments:

  1. What a Doll-Picture perfect little princess!

    NOTHING like when her mom started primary, it was YEARS before you adjusted to moving out of "Betsy's house" and leaving Grandma Marj and Grandpa Arnold as your nursery teachers.
    Wow, come to think of it ALL my kids had Arnold in nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful big/little lady, I am so glad that she loved Primary, she is going to be able to help Tayven love all the "new" things that he will have. Love to all

    ReplyDelete